Thursday, April 5, 2018

CAS[E] this RETRO Sketch #29/265

It's RETRO week at CTS #266... this one goes way back to CTS #29, before I was even making cards, I think!


I had a fun set out on my craft desk used for another card, so I thought 'why not?'  Here's how I rolled it into our group's gallery, too ...

Inside:
'Think 'moss doesn't grow on a rolling stone' and get up and move it!  Happy moving day!'

Using water color, I attempted to give those wheels some downhill motion!  How did I do?  So different from my usual style, but it's fun to break out of our normal mold sometimes!

I just know you will have a gazillion ideas for this Sketch... can't wait to see them in our CTS gallery!

As of this posting, I'll be rolling, and rocking to some New Orleans jazz ... wish you were with me!

=]  Michele

Supplies:
EH Wonky Backdrops - white heat embossed onto TH water color card stock.
EH Wasabi - for that fun sentiment
Distress Inks:  Chipped Sapphire, Lucky Clover, Broken China, and Hickory Smoke

21 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Like it! Jo x

ElizStewart said...

Michele... definitely caught my attention! Love it!

LeAnne said...

How fun! LOVE the colors...you must be rocking and rolling with the BLUES!! Just fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

Oh I just LOVE this! Could be three umbrellas, no? ;)
And seeing your watercoloring always makes me want to CASE your card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Definitely a very cool card my friend!

Patti said...

I wish I was with you too!! Was it warm there? I hope you had a blast!

I love this sketch and the idea to get old retro sketches out and dust them off! brilliant idea and your take on it is so fresh and new! You Rock for a retro girl heeheehee I can say that because I am sure I am older than you!

(((Hugs)))
♥ Patti

Nora Noll said...

GENIUS!! Leave it to you to design a really FABULOUS card!! LOVE!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch, Michele!

Cat Craig said...

This is so whimsical, love the watercolor and the spats.

Lisa Elton said...

This little artsy number rolled it's way right into my heart! VERY FUN Michele. Hope you and Tom are livin' it up on Bourbon Street!!

Christine said...

I love both cards today. The simple sentiments go so well with the gorgeous colored patterns.

Jeanne said...

Maybe you are rolling down in the river in one of the paddle boats?! That would be so cool! And speaking of cool, that is what the card is! I adore the colors you chose. SO fresh and pretty. Great sentiment, too. Awesome!

Bobby said...

I didn't enter the earlier challenge either, Michele, and I'm stumped with this one but I know something will pop into my head soon. I love all the watercoloring, splatters and movement.

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous combo of colours and sweet splatters, love it Michele!

nancy littrell said...

Retro sketch using a fun watercoloring messy and trendy products and technques. TFS Michele. Hugs..

Kristie Goulet said...

I love it!! Great take on the sketch my friend! Hope you are doing well. xoxo

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card, Michele! You did an amazing job creating movement on your design, and your watercoloring and splatters are just fabulous! Unique, clever and fun...it's so 'you'!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun and creative take on the sketch, Michele! The combination of the stamps is perfect. I love the colors too! Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

So much fun, Michele ... what a great sense of movement as those wheels 'trundle' over the ground ... and a gorgeous, splattery, watercolour-y colour palette ... brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda Callahan said...

Girl you do it all! I love this watercolor color wonder in spring colors.....spring is still coming right?

Sharron said...

You really captured the movement with this great design. Love the colors!