Friday, July 15, 2016

Playing Cards with Cat!!

I just couldn't believe it when Cat Craig, of Cat Luvs Paper, asked to Play Cards today!  I love Cat and every little card she die cuts, pieces, or water-colors!  In light of the tragedy in Nice, there is no doubt that our friend in France is in our thoughts, too.

Cat has chosen, and I LOved, Anita's card for Time Out ... well what's not to love about this beauty:

Time Out DT 61R

No time like the present is what I say!  So after a fun little chat on the telephone, we set a time and got to work!

Since I am rubbish at sponging, and have none of these wonderful spritzes Anita used, I have taken a different path ... Anita, nor Cat will be surprised by that, I'm sure.

A bit of that Kaisercraft Shine Bright patterned paper for the 'spritz',  a MFT sunshine die, and another perfect way to say hello, compliments of Winnie & Walter, cut from a bit of linen-textured paper a la Anita:

 Look! I even found a few glittery dots to add to the mix!

It is always such fun to see where the original will take us Playing Cards.  Cat, I'm dashing over to see how you were inspired ... thank you for the challenge today ... it was perfect timing and SO much fun chatting!!!  xoxo

=]  Michele

I'm sending this over to Time Out challenge #61 - inspired by words [and friends]:
"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine"
Anthony J. D'Angelo






21 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh Michele, I knew you would do something so brilliant! Its a fabulous card and I love that you used the "Hello" Die. This is a fantastic card. I had such fun talking with you and playing cards. We'll have to do it again sometime. Hugs!

Barb Ghig said...

Well, well...it looks like you girls had a lot of fun playing cards! I love the fun color combo, and how you layered the sunshine die cut and word die cut for your design! Fabulous card, Michele!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so much fun Michele, love your choice of background paper and of course those glittery dots were a great idea!

Joyce said...

This is so bright and fun. Perfect take on Anita's card.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the golden sunny yellows and grays...so you!! What a cool card!!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Michele, I love your design. The colours are wonderful as is the die cut sun.

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Michele! Beautiful colours. I can clearly see Anita's influence, but you've made your card in your own amazing way.

~amy~ said...

super spectacular!

Shona Chambers said...

Its brilliant Michele and I know that Anita is going to fall over herself when she see's it!!!

Susi said...

Sounds like a fun challenge amongst friends! Definitely resulted in an amazing card, Michele - love the fun pattern of the DP and every element you added is perfect!

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow the thunmbnail was fab but loved the little details when I opened it up full size!you totally rocked this !x

Brenda said...

I too, loved Anita's sunny and happy card Michele! But I am loving your take on it. That paper is fabulous, who can say no to yellow and grey color combo?!!! Love the "cheers" die cut too, perfect on this card. Hugs, Brenda

Sharron said...

What a fun take on Anita's design! The colors are so wonderful and sunny. Love the die cuts!

Gerrina said...

Great to see the case card back in your card but totally different in style; a beautiful and clever way! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Toni said...

Oh I love this!

TK said...

Gorgeous! Love the busy pops of color, and that hidden gem of a die just setting up shop in the middle!

Petra Swart said...

Brilliant, Michele!!!! So cheerful and fun!!! Love the patterned paper, love the happy sun, love the sentiment, love the glittery dots, love it all, my friend!!!!! What a great take on Anita's fabulous card!!!! Oh, you are such a genius when it comes to making cards!!!!
Hugz

Anita in France said...

Oh goodness, Michele ... you've CASED my card with such style, panache and pizazz ... love that delicious yellow/grey/black colour combo with the bubbles of lovely words ... and that die cut in crisp white ... so delicious! Thank you so much for honouring me with such a wonderful CASE, mon amie ... and also for your lovely thoughts for France following the Nice atrocity. Big hugs, my friend, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Gosh, where are my manners, Michele ... delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs (again!), Anita :)

Miriam Prantner said...

This one is so fun, I love all the circles and the color scheme too!

Misty Elam said...

These are both wonderful cards!! I hate to sound ahem, silly, but what do you mean when you say you're "playing cards"? I've never heard that before...