Friday, July 22, 2016

An Altenew Day! with a side of Wplus9 =]

There are a few designers out there that just plain blow my mind with their talents.  Therese Calvird is one of those.  Anything she touches turns into a masterpiece, and those fabulous videos?  You must check them ALL out!  I am so in love with the cards she creates with her Altenew sets ... OUT of this world. 

Sadly, I was knee-deep in life when the opportunity to CASE Therese happened.  Today I shall remedy that, with my own humble attempts - I know she's traveling at the moment, but that's good because if she sees these, it will be on a wee little screen =]

First up:  This card/video in which she colors one single bloom and BOOM!!!  My first mistake was to stamp on regular cardstock, but made the best of it with a bright pink Tombow marker.

Hello die courtesy of Reverse Confetti, Altenew Peony Bouquet stamps, and a favorite little panel from a darling friend in Cali! 
My supply is getting low, Marybeth, and you know I'm savoring them =]
 
I had the luckiest day when my Altenew popsicle card won a wonderful gift card - thank you, again, ladies!
 
Here is what I chose for my prize, and you can see Therese put it to fun use here :
 
This card is to ME!  To sit upon my desk, and be reminded of my blessings!
You'll be seeing a few cards from me in the next few weeks using this fun little pierced circles from MFT's Blueprints 18 - they provide the cutest little peek-a-boo element.
 
The next card is a shout-out to Dawn Woleslagle, owner of Wplus9!  Not only is Dawn a fabulous designer, her water-coloring is just outstanding ... treat yourself with Dawn's video where she uses Zigs to water-color her very own Beautiful Bouquets!
 
This card uses my newest set from Altenew - Dahlia Blossoms, and the perfect words from Wplus9Happy wishes and four little [never used this way] Zig markers from a darling, generous friend - thanks so much Kristie!  It's about time I was brave enough to give them a proper workout!
 
Pretty much a total CASE of Dawn's card ... but why mess with perfection?
Replaced the watercolored panel with a favorite slip of vellum... 'cuz I could.
See those teensy little dots?  Yep.  snippets from that MFT die!
 

I loved my day in the craft room ... and giving thanks to those who inspire me... there are so many more of you to honor!
 
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 


13 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Outstanding CASEs of Therese's cards Michele. I LOVE the pop of red on the first and yes, a SMILE is ALWAYS good medicine!! You know I adore the water colored on:))

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like you had a great day in your craft room!! I am lacking mojo this week, but you have given me a nudge!! These are all pretty little works of art Michele!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele three gorgeous creations and too bad for Therese to only see your beautiful card on a tiny screen because it's gorgeous!! Second card is so cool and your Zig colouring with only four colours is spectacular! Feeling inspired!

Sharron said...

Glad you had some great crafting time. Your awesome creations really show it was well spent. Love your pretty CASE and the sweet 'smile' design! My favorite though is the gorgeous watercolored dahlias! And you did that with just four markers--wow!!

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful post Michele, I feeling very humbled here and so lucky to have you as my freind. You are an inspiration to me and to see both these gorgeous designs here I am reminded why. I am seriously trying not to buy the Zigs.... and GF you are not helping lol. Big hugs to you x

Bhavana said...

stunning cards :)

lostinpaper said...

My apologies, I can spell friend (truly) but as you mentioned I am away and struggling with inferior equipment and definitely on a small screen too lol. I am just happy that I am not missing out altogether x.

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Michele, and what a great job with the Zigs - you've made those flowers come to life!

Bobby said...

Should we start a TC fan club, Michele? I saw those videos and am jealous you had time to make cards inspired by them. And Dawn's card too. Yours is every bit as wonderful.

Barb Ghig said...

BOOM is exactly how I would describe your gorgeous take on Therese' card, Michele...WOW! That pop of hot pink is amazing! And, your CASE of Dawn's card is mind blowing! I'm so impressed with how you colored the blooms with your Zigs, and adding the vellum panel was genius! I'm also loving the pop of white on your sentiment, too...Really gorgeous cards, my friend!!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards Michele. Love your take on the spotlight type card and your coloring with the zigs...well you need to do more of that.

Nora Noll said...

Oh Michele!! I LOVE your CASE on Therese. The spotlight stamping is fabulous. I really like that you used the Tombow on this. The brightness POPS off the card. The second CAS is just breathtaking. The third with all the pretty colors you chose. WOW!! Totally wonderful design.

Petra Swart said...

WOW, that is such a stunning flower in fantastic bright pink, Michele!!! Such a striking card - bold and beautiful in B&W with the pop of colour!!!!! Your second card is a CAS masterpiece - WOW those little circles are just soooooooo fun and sweet and I love your cute sentiment - lovely with the ombre effect!!! Oooo and all the vellum on the third card is simply wonderful and your flowers are fabulous!!!!! Three wonderful cards, my friend!!!
Hugz