Thursday, July 7, 2016

CAS[E] the Sketch #180

Sam Simpson has created a Sketch for this week that is perfect for a little paper that I've been savoring for some time now - yikes!   Here is Sam's Sketch:


I think you'll agree when you see my card - for CTS #180:

 
Can you believe I still have Dear Lizzy's 5th & Frolic?  I might have purchased it right after I started card-making!  I fussy-cut those little polaroid-style prints, gave them a little lift, positioned them over that darling little cross-stitched print, and added a little LOVE!  I know it is nearly impossible to read these so here is a little help:
  • Love - you make me ridiculously happy
  • happy little life
  • right here
I'm saving this one for Tom, maybe the first night we share in the new abode ... we've been incredible busy with this selling/buying/moving business.  OH!  I haven't told you this news yet?  More soon!  But if I seem significantly absent, that's why!  I'll catch up with you soon.
 
Whether it's stamped, embossed, layered, patterned, or just deliciously devoid of embellishment, we will LOve your additions to the gallery - promise! xx
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Michele! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Paper well worth saving (hoarding!!) and the perfect little card for your sweetie!

donna mikasa said...

I can definitely see the sketch on your card! One word: GENIUS!

Cat Craig said...

Adorable little card and a great take on the sketch. You are moving...wow that is a lot of work. Don't forget to share your new address, I have cards waiting to visit you. Hugs.

Barb Ghig said...

I know you're incredibly busy these days...I hope everything is going well!
This is such a beautiful take on Sam's sketch! I love how you placed those darling Polaroids, and I think you saved these beautiful papers for the perfect project, Michele! As always, you nailed it!!!

lostinpaper said...

I won't tell you how old some of my stash is (ahem... hoarded? because once you use it then it's gone, that's why I think I like stamps so much now, the possibilities are endless). Great way to use your fab goodies too Michele! Good luck with everything / life, I am just so happy and feel very privileged that you found time to send me one of your beautiful creations, you totally made my day xx

Petra Swart said...

Always looking forward to the new sketch at CTS and the DT creations on a Thursday!!!! And what a great new sketch and a lovely inspiration card from you, Michele!!!!! Love your cute little polaroid frames and the lovely cross stitched paper!!!! Such sweet words to go with the little images!!! Such a dreamy look with the lovely soft colours!!!! Beautiful for hubby, my friend!!!
Hope everything goes according to plan with the move!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Unknown said...

WHAT!?! You're moving?!?! I look forward to hearing more... Hope it goes well. Am thinking of you, and btw - LOVE the sweet little images in this precious card!

~amy~ said...

This is so sweet....I love that collection.
hang in there!

Bobby said...

I glad you remembered this paper because it's perfect for the sketch, Michele. I hope things are going smoothly.

Brenda said...

Uh, wait....did I read this correctly in that you are moving?!!! OMGosh! Can't wait to read more about this....although I am late to the party aren't I?! Love, love, love your take on the sketch and I think this is a fabulous card for hubby. Hugs, Brenda

Jen Mitchell said...

This card is exactly why it is ok to hoard supplies. You just never know when paper you bought ages and ages ago will be PERFECT for a card you need right now! I love the homespun feel of this one. Good luck with the move!!

Sharron said...

Isn't it fun when you find just the right paper. Love your vey sweet card! Best of luck with all your busy life changes!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Michele!

Anita in France said...

Sweet, pretty and with such lovely meaning behind those little tiles, Michele ... what a delight! Hope it's all going swimmingly! Hugs, Anita :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Still one of my favorite paper lines : ) Love how you used the little squares as the focus of your card!!