Thursday, July 14, 2016

July Mix it Up Challenge

Find a favorite set from the Essentials by Ellen Hutson, and add one of my favorites from Neat n Tangled, what do you get?  Flowers that turn into sparklers for a big birthday cake evidently! 

Here is my card for the July Mix it Up Challenge:

Inside:
  . . . like this present . . . it's this card . . . my attempt at making you forget your BIG birthday!!

I adore the cake from Wish Big ... and have had such with it - Julie never minds.  I hope Miriam doesn't mind that I 'rewrote' her sentiment from Scandinavian Prints a bit ... you know a girl has to have a giggle on her birthday, right?

Delicata Gold ink puts the sparkle in the 'sparklers.'
 

Hope you have a really fun day!!  I am feeling 99.9% better, thanks for all the thoughts and 'atta girls' - your visits always make me smile ...

=]  Michele



12 comments:

Anita in France said...

Yummy, Michele ... that cute cake is so scrumptious ... doubly so with those fun 'sparklers' atop ... brilliantly creative! I'm definitely taking joy in this little pretty! Great to hear things are on the up ... big hugs across the miles, mon amie! Anita :)

maria f. said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling so great. Your card sure makes me smile. I love that cake image and your baby pink version is super sweet.

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Michele! I'm loving your gold sparklers on this fabulous birthday cake, and how you played with the sentiment...so fun!
I'm so glad you're feeling better...sending hugs!!!

LauraJane:) said...

You got me with the Pink cake:)) LOVE the sentiment on the inside too!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card and so smart! So glad to hear you are feeling much better. Hugs.

lostinpaper said...

So so sweet Michele, love the splash of gold!

Nora Noll said...

LOVE the touch of gold on that pink cake. That sentiment ROCKS!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh HOW CUTE!! I love the soft colors and fun background paper. I'm sending another BIG hug your way to knock you over that 100% mark ;)

~amy~ said...

This is awesome...as always!

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the paper, the images, the sentiments and how cute the inside must be! lol Hugs, Brenda

Petra Swart said...

Great - you're feeling much better - so happy for you, my friend!!!!! Love the sentiment on the outside and oh, my the inside of your sweet as can be card puts a big smile on my face, Michele!!!!! Looooooove that pink cake with the festive sparkles and the cheerful and happy chevron bg!!! Your gold and pink with some white - a wonderful combination!!! Another fun and very cute card from you, Michele!!!!
Hugz

Miriam Prantner said...

Too fun! I love how you combined the sets and mixed up the sentiment, perfect for a mix it up challenge ;)