Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #92 - a Sketch!

In all the years I have been on The Flower Challenge design team, I don't remember ever having a Sketch - but we have one for your crafting pleasure this month!  I hope you enjoy a sketched inspiration as much as I do!

Isn't it fun??!!

I had no problem choosing from my vast supply of florals from Altenew - it was those little circles that gave me pause.  Here's how I combined them all...


Starting with the center section I embossed a narrow panel of white with a honeycomb embossing folder from Waffle Flower.  Next came my flowers - Altenew's Blooming Delight in Summer-y shades of blue and yellow.  I turned those circles into hexagons to provide a sweet space for my sentiment and a few enamel embellishments, too.


Hmmm maybe a little bumble bee would have been appropriate.  Well, we can't wait to see what you use to fill our Sketch!  If you need a little more inspiration, why not join me to see what my teammates have created - they're sure to be brilliant!
=] Michele

15 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card Michele. LOVE those colourful flowers over the honeycomb background. You nailed the sketch with those sweet hexagons. xx

Cat Craig said...

Clever girl, you took this to the next level on the sketch. Love!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, these blooms are so amazing I think I may be able to smell them from here!

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful flowers that are so pretty on the embossed panel! I LOVE how you interpreted this sketch, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfecly lovely and ever so summery! Fabulous take on the sketch, Michele. Love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore the coloring of those flowers another wonderful card!

TK said...

Gorgeous colors and dimension -- really pretty, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work!

Marcia Hill said...

You nailed the sketch perfectly with this GORGEOUS card Michele! I love the honeycomb background in the white, and those beautiful blue & yellow flowers totally POP off the background! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous, Michele. What a beautiful floral. Your color choices are perfect, as usual, but it is that tiny detail of the hexagons with the tiny heart and the sentiment that has stolen my heart.... LOVE IT!

Leslie Miller said...

Love those beautiful flowers growing up the honeycomb (also could be chicken wire). The hexagons work great for the circles and tie it all together perfectly!

HilaryJane said...

Love the clever use of hexagons. They pull the design together brilliantly and what amazing flowers, but of course it is the flower challenge so they have to be special xx

Bobby said...

I never thought of using flowers for the center and something else for the circles, Michele. This is absolutely gorgeous!

Carol said...

Gorgeousness!!!!!!!!

Stef Perry said...

Beautifully done, Michele! Such a clever take on the sketch using the hexagons with the flowing floral spray (one of my favorites from Altenew), and the perfect embellies. I'm sure Therese will be delighted to see you used blue (wink, wink)!