Monday, December 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #87 - Use Gold!

'Tis the season for glimmer, glitter, and glam - right?  Well, I usually keep those to a minimum but found the perfect spot for a bit of gold for The Flower Challenge #87: Add Gold!

 

Back in September I made a card using color blocking for my card base - I loved it!  So much I decided to make another one!  Here's that gorgeous HoneyBee Poinsettia die again ...  this time with a few bits of greenery from their Lovely Layers: Winter Greenery cut from kraftI love it with these gorgeous papers from Craft Consortium.  Another of my Pinkfresh banners [stamped in a gold-ish ink] and my card is complete!


As I build my Christmas card stash, I try to remember the gentlemen in the Senior homes, too.  This one should do.  

Did you spot my gold?  The 'flower' of the Poinsettia was cut from glittery gold washi tape, and I splattered the entire card with yellow, champagne, and white gold Gansai Tambi watercolor paint!  Just the right amount of gold to satisfy my appetite for it!

You can use WAY more gold as I have by the way!  We'll love it!  Speaking of loving it... wait until you see the glamour my teammates have brought to the party!  Let's go, shall we? 

=] Michele 

24 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele and even more so in person! Those papers in your color blocked background are gorgeous and that Poinsettia sprinkled with the gold is simply STUNNING!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Stunning....that background is amazing, and so is the poinsettia! It looks REAL!

baileyrosy.com said...

AMAZING ! I simply adore the rich red on your poinsettia it works so beautifully with the touch of gold and the card base is such a beautiful colour.

Marie

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is STUNNING, moving to the top 5.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous, rich colors! Turned out fabulous 👍

Lisa Elton said...

Your color blocked background was the perfect spot for that pretty poinsettia! The splatters and glittery gold flower put this fancy little number over the top!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness gracious! This is GORGEOUS Michele! My jaw dropped when I saw this. You are the master at this card making hobby. I'm so grateful you share what you create. Wow!!

JoAnn said...

I have to agree with everyone that your card is STUNNNG. Love your color blocked background and lovely poinsettia with the touches of gold.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the depth of color in the entire design. The gold pops so beautifully. Gorgeous creation.

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant and perfect for a guy or a gal! Love the splatters!

JulieP said...

No words. Wait! I have a few. "I wanna be you when I grow up."

TK said...

Wonderful card, beautiful poinsettia and perfect glam! This one will appeal to the women and men for sure

Virginia L. said...

Truly glorious! LOVE this, Michele!

Bobby said...

I love the dark inking around the petals, Michele, and that color blocking looks fabulous. Breathtaking card!

HilaryJane said...

I made it at last! This is so rich and gorgeous with just the right amount of gold too xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous die cut layered poinsettia..such rich tones. Love your background and especially your 3 different gold splatters over all your card design, my friend. A
very special card for a guy or girl. TFS Love and Hugs and...Happy Holidays:-) Nancy

Loll said...

Beautiful card Michele! I LOVE your colour blocked background ... it's so dramatic with the deep shades. Love it paired with that gorgeous poinsettia. xx

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle!

lostinpaper said...

I saw it! I saw it! I spotted the gold, and it is beautiful!!

Kim S said...

This is SO beautiful!! So elegant in those beautiful rich colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Stunning, and indeed perfectly suited to a masculine senior. Wow!

Linda Callahan said...

Splashees of gold never goes out of style! Beautifully done!

Karren said...

Everything about this card is stunning! The depth of colour, that gorgeous poinsettia, the foliage, the layout - all so very striking!