Friday, December 15, 2023

The Flower Challenge #87 - Reminder

 

Remember my rule?  When making one, why not two?  Yes, today I followed my rule as I created both of my DT cards at once.  Are you ready for my reminder to play along with The Flower Challenge #87 - Use gold?  Here you go...


Here is my 'recipe' for today's card:
   - a new die from The Stamp Market for those gorgeous Boho Botanical leaves
   - another Poinsettia from Honey Bee Stamps - I used three shades of red card today - and another glittery gold floral bit!
   - a snippet of green card embossed using my SU Tasteful Textile folder
   - last but not least a beautiful sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Holiday Large Sentiments, heat embossed in gold - and my gold splatters once again.

Head over to The Flower Challenge for even more gorgeous GOLD inspiration!  Then play along - we love it when you do!
=] Michele

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I need a lesson on "splatters"....I am afraid I will make a total mess of them!

lostinpaper said...

Another stunning poinsettia card my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your traditional color palette! This is beautiful, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Oh so very pretty, Michele! You rocked this reminder!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so beautifuk, Michele. I love the green embossed panel beneath your rich and stunning poinsettia. I love the way the Boho cascading leaves straddles the green and white. Those large sentiment stamps are so special. Thankfully ,t hey are sold out. For now. LOL.

Bonnie said...

WOW! Another beautiful poinsettia, Michele! It was a brilliant idea to cut from three shades of red that blend so beautifully! I love how it looks on the textured green panel cut asymmetrically, and those leaves are a perfect background to show the poinsettia brilliantly!

Anonymous said...

Michele I think your rule of "why not make two cards at once" is a fantastic rule. Both cards so beautiful!!

TK said...

Your Two Card rule is something I definitely need to learn! Your card is pretty with its new products and shine. I also need lessons on splatters - products used, brushes or whatever because I can totally ruin things - lol

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Michele, and I'm loving those new botanical leaves with all the gold splattering...soooo pretty alongside that gorgeous Poinsettia! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Those leaves are fabulous with your gorgeous poinsettia, Michele. Love that big sentiment too. It would be good on the inside of a card.

Cat Craig said...

Love where you chose to use your gold. Impactful. Beautiful.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love everything about it, that big red poinsettia, lovely leaves and the touches of gold.

Lisa Ainscough said...

Such a stunning card. Poinsettias are one of my favourite florals. Don’t tell the others though.

Maureen Morton said...

The design of this card is spot-on -- great balance and colors. This is so elegant and one of the most beautiful holiday cards I've seen all season! Thanks for sharing.

Karren said...

Another stunning poinsettia card and those leaves are divine! Might have to go looking for them...

Leslie Miller said...

Fantastically beautiful! I love those big leaves to go with the poinsettia. Rich colors. Just wonderful, Michele!