Monday, September 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge - September 2023

Hello again, my friends!  So happy you stopped by - it's time for The Flower Challenge September 2023!

We have another fun challenge for you:  Use your dies!  Dies that coordinate with your floral stamps, layering dies, stand-alone dies - the dies the limit!!!  As long as your focal point is floral!

I have SO many floral layering dies of my own, but I couldn't NOT share the other card I made using Marcia's beautiful layered Botani-cuts: Tulips from The Greetery ... so what if they are a Spring flower!


Isn't she lovely?  I cut all the layers from Mixed Media paper and added just a kiss
of pink and lovely green stems and leaves using my finger daubers.  I treated myself to a new frame die from PTI: Love to Layer: Delightful Brackets - you'll be seeing a lot of this one!  I put on my 'Laura Bassen hat' today and made my card base from SSS Cream cardstock - treated to a bit of Subtle Texture a la SU.

And that's all folks!  Except to invite YOU to play along!  We can't wait to see your die cut flowers... one might say we're DIE-ING to see them!  Now, let's go see what my teamies and guest designer have to share... AND we have a few new designers for you to meet!  Welcome, Cindy and Laurie!

Thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele

21 comments:

Viv said...

Another glorious creation yet again Michele, I just adore it ;) hugs Viv xx

Marcia Hill said...

One of my all time favorite dies and you used it BEAUTIFULLY Michele!! I love just the soft touch of the pink on those tulips and your new frame shows them off perfectly!! Love the Laura Bassen touch too! GORGEOUS card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy H. said...

This is just so beautiful - soft and sweet!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the soft shading you added to the lovely layered tulips die. The look great on that bracket die. TFS

Laurie Unger said...

Gorgeous! What wonderful coloring and I really like how you framed it up with the lovely die. Tulips are good anytime of the year!

BTW - here is a site for Gummianpan dies that ships to the US. So many to choose from. https://meissaprint.co.uk/gummiapan-uk/?fbclid=IwAR3yAlBcShcIe8wkvnsSj2OaxQZ40IRYv9HMTg107Qey7HcilS0kAP5ucKE

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so pretty! Well done

Bobby said...

I love your soft pink tulips, Michele, and that frame is to die for. lol

lostinpaper said...

I am with you GF, floral layering dies are my FAVES (and layering stencils and layering stamps... well, I know you get it lol). Did someone say tulips?

Bonnie said...

Be still my heart! The soft pink and green tulips are so pretty with that pinpoint frame! How delightful, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Those pretty pink tulips have you written all over them! Love the new frame die too. You might force me to go shopping! Beautiful card, Michele!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous layers, For sure.

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Michele! A stunner. WOW!

Cindy C. said...

Soooooo beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Hello dear Michele, I an so glad to be teamies with you again! What fun it will be! I am drooling over these gorgeous tulips and the soft colors! What an amazing birthday card!

Leslie Miller said...

Nope, it doesn't matter that it's a spring flower. I've always felt sheepish about that, myself, but I'm over it now. Beauty is beauty and always welcome. This is such a sweet, pretty, dainty card and I love it!

donna mikasa said...

That gorgeous frame showcases your tulips in all their pastel loveliness!

TK said...

Awesome, Michele, the tulip is perfect and who cares that it's a Spring flower? Flowers are flowers, and should be celebrated no matter the season

baileyrosy.com said...

Ahhh so pretty, delicate, and romantic and the "kiss of colour" is beautiful. Such an elegant dreamy card.

Marie

Brenda said...

This card is gorgeous Michele! But why am I surprised, your florals are always gorgeous. I do love these tulip dies, so pretty on that frame. Love how you colored them with your finger daubers too, just so soft and dreamy! Hugs, Brenda

Linda Callahan said...

I am a total Lauren Bassein fan and a total you fan so this card is perfect in my world! So pretty in pink!

Aileen said...

Stunning Michele love these layer flowers and your card design shows them to perfection xx Aileen