Sunday, September 17, 2023

Folk Art Reindeer - even one for Color Hues #72

The Color Hues team and guests are honoring a fallen teammate, Lindsey, who lost her battle to ovarian cancer a year ago.  It's such a wonderful experience to find true friendships here in blogland - it's even harder to lose one of them.  

Here are their colors for Challenge #72 in honor of Lindsey who loved these colors as much as anyone!  Something tells me she wouldn't mind a Christmas card.


I purchased a new little die from Waffle Flower recently and think he's just about as cute as he can be ... especially in these fun colors!  


I sure wish I had a purple ink to match the purple paper I found in my stash!
On the other hand, I suppose it is a color HUES challenge, right?

An older frame die from Papertrey Ink created the perfect setting for snowy hillsides
for my duo of deer.  You'll notice I clipped the antlers off of one of them to make her a doe.


Here are a few other 'folk art' color combinations...

Snowy hillside dies from The Greetery.  Altenew's Dotted Starburst Debossing plate.


MFT Snow Globe Greetings


I'm also working on the Christmas Postage Collage stencils I found in my mailbox on Saturday ... hope you are as excited to see them as I am to use them!
=] Michele

18 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Another great set of cards, such wonderful use of colour and those background dies are brilliant for adding texture xx

LeAnne said...

What fun color combos for your reindeer! I love all the backgrounds too!

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness gracious are these ever fun! I love all of your color combinations and pretty backgrounds you placed the deer in. That frame is a beauty! Put it on the list!

Birgit said...

What fun colors on these fantastic folk art deer! I love all the piercing in the background too.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful cards, Michele. Fabulous colors for each. So unique and fun. What a lovely way to honor your friend. And I'm looking forward to seeing your latest postage card(s). Have a great day!

Bonnie said...

These deer are unexpected and fun, Michele! Fantastic backgrounds and color combos!

Marcia Hill said...

Lindsey wouldn't have minded a Christmas card at all Michele, and these folk art deer are fabulous in all your color combos...especially the red & purple! I love the frame you used on that one too and here I thought I had everything by the Greetery, but guess I missed that one!! Your backgrounds are wonderful on each card too! Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge...we always love seeing your work in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne H said...

A wonderful collection of folk deer cards. Love them all.

Brenda said...

It is very sad when we lose a blogging friend or any friend to cancer or another thing else. But cancer is the evilest of all. What a tribute to Lindsey! A fun color combo for sure and you have made it even more fun with those cute reindeer dies! I swear how you know about all these adorable dies is beyond me Michele! I LOVE your cards! Great color combinations, fun scenes, cute reindeer...what's not to love?!! Hugs, Brenda

Cat Craig said...

The mark of a great card maker...making me love cards in styles that I don't care for. Never been a folk art fan. However, your cards are fantastic.

lostinpaper said...

Such a fabulous and unique die, Waffle Flower always get it right and so do you! Love the colour combos you have used here Michele!

Bobby said...

That's what folk art is all about, Michele. Making things in bright fun colors and you did that to the max. I love all your colorful deer.

TK said...

Your folksy deer are quite the pair, all gussied up in their colorful duds! Fun cards, Michele, and we're looking forward to the Christmas stencils!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh DEER! What a marvelous collection of cards. I love them all and especially the single purple guy on the blue background with the vertical greeting! All fab. Leave it to you to do a little antler-ectomy and end up with a doe. a deer. a female deer.

Nancy said...

Fantastic backgrounds and wonderful color combos, Michele! Love each one equally. Thanks for being open to our color combo and being in the gallery at Color Hues. Take care!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your bold folk art colors! Striking cards!

cm said...

Your array of reindeer cards is outstanding! So pretty in every colour, but especially purple and red, in remembrance of our dear friend, Lindsey. Thrilled, once again, to see your dazzling creativity gracing the gallery.
hugs~c

!neke said...

Great cards with this beautiful dies !!!!!
groeten Ineke