Thursday, August 18, 2022

Guest Designing for Papertrey Ink!

I had a very special request in May.  I was so surprised by the invitation to guest design for Papertrey Ink's August release that I questioned if Melissa's Instagram account had been hacked!!  Ha! Lucky for me it had not!

There's so much to love in PTI's August Release, I'm just going to present my cards and then send you to their shop!  All the goodness will be available at 10 pm EDT! OH, while you make your list, there is also a Hop over at Instagram right now where you might win a $10 gift card - yay!

Up first - the thing I love most about Fall - turning leaves!  Using Fantastic Foliage

Turning leaves - see what I did there?

Using the dies as a guide, I set up all of the stamps in my MISTI and picked them
up with the lid:

I added three fun colors using finger daubers and stamped all of them at once!


The veins and details were stamped using acrylic blocks - so easy to do - then all of the leaves were cut at once by aligning those dies over the stamped images:


Next up - Halloween!  The kid in me will never outgrow it!  Here's Happy Owl-O-Ween!


The background is a paper from PTI's Argyle Socks.  My little vellum 
cloud was cut by hand and made a great place to heat emboss my 
pun-y sentiment.  We can't have Halloween without a pumpkin, right...


The pumpkin is a layering die set called Into the Blooms: Pumpkins
I took liberties with the color on my pumpkin - what do you think?
PTI has a wonderful new hot foil plate called Fallen Leaves which I used to create this background.  I've foiled it in purple, and then used the coordinating stencils to add some
fun color.  You'll find this fun sentiment among those offered in Inside Greetings: Spooky

Since I had that little circle cut, why not make another card?


This wonderful sentiment is from: 
Thankful for Fall Sentiments

I nearly forgot those kids going back to school - here's a great card to tuck into a real backpack, and a good place for something every kid going off to college enjoys: Go-to Gift Card holder, Backpack accessories using PTI Argyle Socks again.


There's a great little slot to fit in a gift card.  See where I tucked in the notebook?
I even partially cut a backer using the coordinating die to make it a card:


These great sentiments are included in the set.


I've saved my favorite card for last - I'm so grateful to PTI for this opportunity - a thank you was necessary!


Into the Blooms: Sunflowers 
I've used an older set of PTI patterned papers to cut each and every layer -
aren't they gorgeous??  Also, a fun cover plate I've had for years called Mighty Jungle.  
Another sentiment from Thankful For Fall expresses my gratitude beautifully!

Thanks to all of you sweet friends that stop by - and made it through this post! phew!  Would you believe there is more?? Later!

Now, off you go to see ALL the REST of the August Release at Papertrey Ink!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! Every single card is AMAZING Michele! You have truly made this release shine!! I think the beautifully colored leaves cards and the sunflower cards are my favorites, but seriously, how do you pick when they're all soooo pretty!! So happy you've been given this honor...truly well deserved!! ❤️❤️❤️

LeAnne said...

WOW! All I can say is WOW again! These are awesome! I thought I'd only be viewing the wreath but to see all these other beauties was a big bonus! Just gorgeous! The owls are really fun too!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on guesting for PTI! Your showcase of cards is amazing and I'm in love with your last card, too. There aren't links to the August release unless I'm blocked? Can't wait to see more PTI goodness from you!

lostinpaper said...

You have knocked these out of the ball park Michele, every design shines and I see why they asked you to GD, you have made me want them all lol.

Lisa Petrella said...

Wowzers, Michele!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your guest designer gig!!! Your projects are beyond amazing!!!! I especially LOVE the turning leaves----soooo gorgeous!!!! And that backpack---so super awesome!!!! And those sweet little Owloween owls!!! Totally adorable!!! Fabulous work!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm happy dancing for you, this is a well deserved guest spot!! And oh... my... goodness did you ever give us a magnificent display of cards! Each one as incredible as the next. Your turning leaves are just the color I enjoy most in the fall, the owls are adorable, love the liberties you took with the pumpkin, swooning over the CAS leftover circle, the backpack is oodles of fun - great color combo, and just don't even get me started on those sunflowers!!!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Michele! What a delightful honor for you! And boy oh boy, did they choose well. What a fantastic share of some absolutely beautiful cards! I adore your color palette and creativity. The colors are so rich and dreamy! The backpack card is fantastic. I was wowed with every project you made! And there's more to come?? Bestill my heart!

Bonnie said...

Wow! PTI knew what they were doing when they chose you to highlight their release! Gorgeous leaves for a wreath, adorable owls for Owl-oween, scrumptious foiled leaves to show off this pretty pumpkin, a fantastic backpack to hold back to school treasures and finally some awesome sunflowers to take the final bow! Can't wait to see more, my friend!

Cindy Beach said...

So so happy for you! You are really taking your stamping to the next level with these amazing opportunities! Well deserved, my friend.

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Michele. When you said you got a lot of product to work with you weren't kidding. And you made them all shine with your own inimitable style. That purple pumpkin is gorgeous. I know you thought I'd comment on the owl first and I love him but the sunflowers and backpack were way more intriguing. Love them all! If there's more, I can't wait.

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations on the GD gig, and getting to play with all those lovely new things. PTI picked the right person to show off these goodies.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, Michele! This was a totally amazing and fun post! PTI was smart to invite you. I love every card. What great stamps and dies. I'll never outgrow the fun of Halloween either, even though it's all in the cards for me these days. I do enjoy the few trick or treaters we get. Love the white sunflowers with the perfect patterned paper for the leaves.

Tracey McNeely said...

Had to come say congratulations on your guest design and tell you how much I love your cards, they are so inspiring. Well done my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations on guesting for PTI, Michele! They must be so pleased with what you made with their new release.
Every one of the cards are fantastic! I especially love the cute backpack because I love non-regular card dies, and you arranged the accessories so well. I also love the sunflower card! It has a wonderful organic feel to it. Great photo styling too!
Hideko xx

Linda Callahan said...

Wow PTI sure picked the right person to halo launch their new products! You outdid yourself my friend and that is not easy to do! Fabulous gallery of work! I am partial to those owls and that fabulous purple
Moon!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Well look at you - Designing for PTI!!!! Congratulations on your well earned gig. You have once again outdone yourself with all of your artistic prowess. Each of your creations is skillfully done with your fabulous eye for design and color. I am amazed, but no surprise. Good for you!!!