Monday, May 4, 2020

These days, I especially love prizes!

I was so honored to be among the winners of the March 2020 Altenew Inspiration Challenge for this card … along with the honor came a gift card!  It was wonderful to shop again!!

I have been in love with this Basic Blooms set since its intro last year … I'm often the last to buy any new sets, but have been so inspired by those who have used it, I decided it was time to put my own spin on it! [and found the bundle to be the best value!]

With a bit of stamp layering, and die-cutting I was able to pull a few of these Basics blooms into a 'branch, or sprig-full' … tell me what you think … btw the 'branch' is actually the stem from my Altenew Exotic Tulips set!

Stampin' Up texture

 You'll recognize that wonderful Debossing Dotted Swirls cover plate, I'm sure!
 

Are you wondering about my process? 
  • stamp all bloom layers onto card stock arranged to please your own eyes
  • die cut the blooms
  • stamp leaves onto the remaining card stock - it's easy to put the blooms on temporarily to determine where the branch, and leaves might be in nature.
  • add embossing, or debossing - if you'd like to
  • place your blooms back into the negative spaces, lifting them with foam squares, or foam tape.
Hope you  like them, and that you'll give this technique a try!  I'm sure it would work with many of the other Altenew sets, or any blooming flowers you have in your stash!  It just takes a little imagination!

=]  Michele

20 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous selection of cards, Michele! Jo x

LeAnne said...

They are all GORGEOUS!

HilaryJane said...

They are all lovely but I really like the ones with the background detail xx

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful blooms - no matter what the color!

Lisa Elton said...

You've put your winning to good use Michele, these are BEAUTIFUL!! I think I like the last one the best...but it's hard to pick just one!

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 of these are FABULOUS Michele, but of course the purple one stands out to me the most because of the swirled background...it really makes those lovely flowers pop! Congrats on winning and yes, it is fun to go shopping!! Hugs. ;0)

Jeanne said...

These are glorious, Michele. What pretty flowers and I like your use of other stamps to work together with the flowers. Just takes imagination, she says. Hmmmm, that can be in very short supply for some of us, you know! LOL Seriously though, so admire your imagination!! Hugs!

Bonnie said...

What a clever technique, Michele! I love how you've used different layouts, backgrounds and colors of the flowers! Three beautiful cards, my friend! Congratulations on your win. Shopping is such fun!

JulieP said...

These are beautiful! I love the mix of stamped leaves and die cut flowers with the embossed backgrounds. Congrats on another prize win!

Cat Craig said...

I have and love that set, because its cool looking and just so easy to stamp. I love that you mixed a few up and I am going to have to case this idea for sure. You rock!

TaeEun said...

Congrats on your win, Michele!!! You've created beautiful hydrangea flowerheads in various colors! I also love how you varied the background! The 3D embossing folder makes a really awesome texture!

Bobby said...

The flowers look so beautiful, Michele. I thought they were just popped on, which is what I would have done, but you took it a step further and inlaid them while stamping the leaves on the base directly. Great look!

Anita in France said...

You worked you usual magic with these new goodies, Michele ... such lovely blooms ... they all look so deliciously dimensional! Hugs, Anita :)

conil said...

...and your imagination is prodigious...just like your lively personality. This set of cards is colorful, beautifully designed and show off that incredible talent of yours. Think you've done an amazing job of showcasing this set. Altenew should pay you. Congrats on the win, by the way. It was well-deserved.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Michele! I love how you added texture and dimension to each one...they're so pretty! Congrats on your well-deserved wink too...way to go, my friend! xx

TK said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous and SOOOO gorgeous! These are fantastic, Michele, and just lifts my heart :o)

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your win Michele! I can see why you love these stamps and the cards you created with them are beautiful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

(Belated) Congratulations on your win, Michele!
All three are gorgeous! Love the variation of the background as well as the colors and layouts.
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Great to combine the different stamps and different sets together on your beautiful cards and thank you for the process steps x. Congratulations with the win too x.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This trio of cards is so wonderful. The colors are so vibrant, and your arrangements are lovely. xx