Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Guest Designer at The Heart Desires

Of course you know I was beyond thrilled to receive a request to Guest Design for The Heart Desires!  LOve these girls, and their fun blog, store, and challenge!

There will be two cards from me this month ... just take a looky loo at the fabulous photo inspiration I get to play with ... oh YOU get to play, too, don't forget!!!


What isn't inspiring about this photo, I ask you?

I have a certain LOve for lumberjacks ... my grandfather was one, in the cold Upper Peninsula of Michigan - gosh I wish I'd known him!  But I so adored listening to the stories my mom would tell!   

Here is where my creative heart went:  the cap on that adorable critter, khaki, red, green colors, and those darling little slices of pine!

MFT background stamp started things off, and every other element is a 'snippet'
saved from last year's Christmas cards that I'd saved!  How's that for planning ahead!
 
This is where I invite you to play along ... the challenge runs from today to the last Wednesday of November ... none of us can wait to see how you'll be inspired! 
 
OH quickly go to The Heart Desires blog to see the awesomeness THD Team has made!!!
 
=]  Michele
 
 


16 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fantastic work! Wow! I'll just bet you were riveted by your mom's stories of your grandpa. I just adore your take on this inspiration. The background, the woodslice, that cap complete with a pom-pom, all work together to make one amazing card! :) Thanks so much for sharing! :)

~amy~ said...

i.love.this. So excited to have you with us for this challenge!

lostinpaper said...

Who wouldn't love a lumberjack lol. Your card is perfect for this inspiration Michele!

Lisa Elton said...

A HUGE congrats on guesting Michele!! Of course they would want the fabulousness that is you!! You NAILED the photo. My goodness is your card ever CUTE!! That little hat with the tiny hassle on top is delightful. How cool is that about your grandpa, bet he had some great stories of his own!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Such an amazing card! I am beyond thrilled that you joined us as a guest this month!

Toni said...

You know I love this!

Anonymous said...

Sawdust is man glitter??? That is HILARIOUS!!! That's an awesome inspiration pic, and as usual, you nailed it! Couldnt help myself either! ;-) i can just imagine the awesome stories about your grandad. Would have loved to be sitting around a campfire with you, hearing the tales. Congrats on your GD position. Thoroughly deserved! Xx

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved Guest Designer spot, Michele! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo...WOW! I love your color palette and how you included all those elements related to your grandad's days as a Lumberjack...you really nailed it, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on the GD! I love that wood piece, that is what caught my eye as well on the inspiration photo.

Brenda said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo Michele! The colors are perfect and I just love them. The houndstooth background...perfect! And no your eyes don't deceive you, I'm actually here and commenting! lol Hugs, Brenda

Lisa Petrella said...

Congrats on your guestie gig!!! This card is awesome! Love all of those fun rustic elements!

Bobby said...

I don't know what to say I'm so amazed by your creativity, Michele.

Sharron said...

Congrats on your guest spot! Love your creative card, so appropriately rustic! How wonderful that you could tie this to thoughts of your grandfather.

Anita in France said...

Yay, Michele ... congratulations on Guest Designing with THD! Your card is stunning ... every little layered element is so perfect with all the others ... a masterpiece of design ... and so you! Oh, and I LOVE that little hat with it's darling little tassle! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

Congrats on your GD spot! This is so fun and such a fabulous take on the challenge!

jen said...

So excited to have your fabulous self guesting!! This is a wonderful take on the challenge! Love that you planned so far ahead!! Xoxo