Thursday, June 16, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #241

Karren is the sketch artist for FMS241, and it is a darling.  I might have tried the partial die-cutting, my friend, but had a scrap on my desk that was calling for a little creative license on my part!

Here is Karren's sketch:

My playful take on it:

 
I'm sure you'll all recognize the little frappe cup from Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hutson, right?  The sentiment in the set that makes me giggle like Julie says "Oh frappe!"  and I love it.  But!  I had another set on my desk that begged to be used:  Hero Arts Hello Gorgeous is a set full of the funniest sentiments!  Well who doesn't need a Hero, with a side of Julie Ebersole, I'm asking you?!! 
 
Okay.  There is one other little tiny detail that you may miss, if I don't point it out - it's that little scrap I mentioned.  Who doesn't have one of Ms. Laurie's gift bag dies?  With a little creativity, you can do SO many fun things with it!  enter my little frappe shadow!  Yep.  It's the little leftover!  Ta. Da!
 
Thanks for stopping in today!  CTS coming soon!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is THIS?! I think I need another cup of coffee after looking at it! LOVE the little shadow....just adorable! Coffee, here I come!

Amy Rohl said...

Love this one, Michele (as with all of your schtuff!), and I always enjoy reading the story behind it! Hugs!

Mary-Anne V said...

Ha what a funny card! Very cute.

Marybeth said...

Love your playful take on the sketch with the coffee! You and your fun sentiments, love them all!

Lisa Elton said...

HA, what a great sentiment!! You had me with the polka dots my friend!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is so extra fun and fabulous Michele.

TK said...

Great card, great sentiment, oh...and I LOVE your scrap!

Bobby said...

You sure know how to put everything together in the best way, Michele.

Susi said...

Yum ... if that's a Tim Horton's Iced Cappucino, I'll definitely "Suck It Up" - especially on such lovely, warm days! "Refreshing" card, Michele - love your choice of sentiment ;-)

lorraine said...

what a fab card

Barb Ghig said...

Love your take on the sketch, Michele! Your background papers are so cool...and work perfectly with your 'Frappe'! Love your clever use the scrap and puny sentiment, too! Another really fabulous card, my friend!

Amy O said...

Cute card, and that sentiment cracks me up. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Karren said...

Wonderful card, Michele! Your coffee looks fabulous and I just love that sentiment!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Big smile here 😄 Darling card ❤️

Jen Timko said...

Yes, yes....this is so perfect for the sketch! What a fun and fabulous card. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Michele ... a fabulous card that shows off your fun and genius creativity to perfection! Thanks for the smiles, mon amie! Hugs, Anita :)

SonjaK said...

Great take on the sketch! I really love the monochrome theme.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, boy, wonder why I didn't get the e-mail to inform me of this post, Michele!!!! So glad I spotted it in the FMS gallery, now, and came to have a look!!! This is sooooo cute and the sentiment is just the best!!!! Had to LOL!!!! What a fun take on the great sketch, my friend!!!! For sure this one will be in the winners' gallery!!! Such a great card!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day!!! Bedtime here!!!!
Hugz

Sharron said...

Simply awesome! I'm always amazed how you can combine just a few elements and create a smile-worthy masterpiece!

Taunya Butler said...

PERFECT and absolutely WONDERFUL and so very PUNNY -you made me LOL!!