Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #749

Jen B. is our designer for Freshly Made Sketches #749!  Just remember, those circles you often see in our sketches can be anything your imagination can make them!

 

I've been doing a little 'homework' using Therese's Color Made Easy email course.  I admit to being a bit color-phobic... today's card really tested me!  I used my color wheel and just pulled out some cardstock - and pulled up my big girl panties!! 


Pink + Orange is my favorite color combo - that might seem strange
to many of you!  Bringing blue, purple, and orange together was really
a stretch for me!  But I trusted the lesson on analogous colors and 
in the end, I like it!



I've used The Stamp Market's simple Bloomin' Cute die and strips of paper found in my snippets for my stripes.  Honestly, I think the orange enamel dots brought the whole thing together!

Okay.  That's where my brain went - where will you take those stripes and circles?  We can't wait to see them pop into our gallery! See you before the window closes at 3EST Monday, August 17th?

=] Michele

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

I would not thought of this color combination either, but it toally works, Michele! I think you're right about the orange dots! These perky, fun flowers work perfectly for this sketch!

Stef Perry said...

Well, when you go, you go all in Michele! Bright colors and a fun design. I love those colors together and Therese will be proud of you! I have not progressed far in the classes because of other obligations, except I did pull into a favorite combo a color I don't normally go use for my BIL birthday card. Keep up the good work!!

Lisa Elton said...

Well look at you getting all colorful! This turned out great and yes, the enamel dots are a winner!

HilaryJane said...

I like it too. Those colours look great and I love those shiny enamel dots. I turned my back for what feels like 5 minutes and have missed so much. What a delight it has been to scroll down the last few posts on your blog xx

TK said...

Apparently those big girl panties fit just fine! Lol. I think this is a perfect use of your colors and they've made such a fun card too. Well done, Student

donna mikasa said...

You go, girl! I honestly didn't see the purple until this morning. I need go to class with Therese and sit waaaaay in the front. And yes, those orange enamel dots did the ttrick--outstanding!!!

Marcia Hill said...

They might not have been my first pick of colors (I do love the pink & orange combo too!!), but gosh dang it Michele...they totally work on this fun and bright card! Love the stripes, love the flowers, and definitely love the orange enamel dots! (P.S. Mom fell again this morning and ended back up in the ER, but thankfully for just a short period and left with only a couple staples in the back of her head. Unfortunately because of the fall though, she won't be going back to her apartment but to assisted living for awhile...she is NOT happy! Always something!!) Hugs. :0)

lostinpaper said...

Wow! What a fun combo Michele, it's so very happy! And I truly appreciate that you took your homework so seriously 🥰

Jeanne said...

This looks fantastic. I admire your ability to stretch your comfort zone. Look how pretty it turned out!

JoAnn said...

So cute and colorful. Great job using that color wheel to select the colors. Love those cute blooms.

Bobby said...

I must have missed that email. The colors you used are fabulous together, Michele, and I love those sweet blooms.

Leslie Miller said...

I love pink and orange together, and both of those colors go great with blue or purple... so why not put all of them together? Your flowers are so cute and they're perfect for the sketch. Definitely a cheerful and fun card!

Helen said...

What an unexpected colour combinaton Michele! But you card is wonderfully bright and happy! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Jen Brum said...

This card is just too fun! Those flowers are amazing! I love the colour combination! So bright and cheery!

Amy O said...

What a fun color combo! And what a fun way to use it! I love your flowers.

Karren said...

Great job venturing into new colour territory and it totally works! This is such a fabulous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Absolutely stunning, Michele! What a fabulous choice of colors, so vibrant!