Thursday, September 2, 2021

Inspired By #185

 

I have a bounty of scraps, snippets, and 'almost used' bits and bobs in my crafty stash - and I'd bet YOU do, too!  I couldn't help but choose our Inspired By IB185 for my card - BUT you'll never guess!  I made it a Christmas card!  

You'll immediately see my card was inspired by the brown paper grocery bags, this sweet saver's blouse, and even that pop of red - but can you also see I've made a little corrugated card, and tied it all with string, too?

Shirley B's fun Holly and even this sentiment strip was found in the set packaging!  
I distressed  all layers with a little Tim Holtz tool I haven't used in years!

I'm paying tribute to the gals at Freshly Made Sketches today using Linda's 500th Sketch as a jumping off point for my card.   Congratulations to their entire team for 10 years of amazing cards made from amazing sketches!  Cheers to 10 or more years!

Speaking of amazing teams ... let's go see what the IB team has in store for us this week, shall we?  Then I hope you'll look through your snippets bin for a bit of inspiration to play along!  We love it when you do!

=]  Michele

21 comments:

Laurel said...

Lovely card I love the texture of it!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors you've pulled from the photo. You've tied those scraps up in the prettiest of packages!

Danni Reid said...

THIS CARD! I love your artistic eye once again, to see so many details of the challenge, I love every last bit of your interpretation!!

Carol said...

Great card in every way!

Barb Ghig said...

Your corrugated panel is a great background for the holly leaves and berries, Michele! I love all the dimension and your color palette is perfect ~ Awesome Christmas card, my friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous take on the challenges. Your card is fresh and fun with the texture and embossed panel.

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, sweet card and you definitely pulled ALL KINDS OF INSPIRATION from the photo Michele...LOVE it!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the 'scraps', wonderful texture and a fabulous design Michele x. I love this contemporary styled card x.

Jeanne said...

You are amazing and so imaginative, Michele. Fantastic card. Love how you used the picture to inspire you. Every detail is perfect. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing.

Kim S said...

Such a fabulous classic look!! The corrugated background is so eye-catching!

Linda Callahan said...

Whatever happened to aprons? My mom and aunts and grandmothers wore them every time they went into the kitchen over their dresses! Whatever happened to dresses? Oh but I digress! So glad that apron inspired you for this sweet holiday card…..the pop of red is perfect and I love the corrugated piece! Thanks too for the shout out…..ten years….whew!

Cindy C. said...

Love it!!

Bobby said...

This is fabulous, Michele. I have used that rough edger or my crimper in ages. They worked well on your card to give it a rustic look. I'm lacking in scraps here but I'll see what I can round up for a card.

Bonnie said...

Your cardboard tied up with string is the perfect landing place for the gorgeous holly, Michele! This challenge is a great reminder that my UFO box is overflowing!

conil said...

Dang! You are brilliant as this card clearly shows. The minute details your eagle eye picks out from these inspiration photos translate beautifully into the Christmas card...including the corrugated panel (was that done with a crimper?) and string. I have the same Tim Holtz too moldering around here somewhere. Can't believe this was done with snippets.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Genius, as usual, Michele.
What a fabulous talent you have for pulling all those elements together.
I love the corrugated card and string, with the pretty pop of colour on the holly and berries.
xxx

JulieP said...

This is so very, very clever and cute to boot!

HilaryJane said...

It always feels good to use up some scraps. I do love the corrugated background and your lovely holly xx

Cindy Beach said...

Exactly THAT! Brown paper packages tied up in string.....
Love this fun card, Michele, with those beautiful textures!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

LOOOOOVE the corrugated panel on this one. Great detail to pick up. Love that funky holly and that bit of twine and the distressed edges... just a fabulous composition.

Nora Noll said...

I love the corrugated base and that twine around that fabulous stamp. This is amazing design!!