Thursday, December 19, 2019

Inspired By #103 ... painted pine cones

 
You may, or may not, know that I'm not a big fan of blue.
It doesn't matter, however … because I'm a big fan of our
IB103 inspiration - and even these frosty blues!
 
Here's how I was inspired - with a few pine boughs
in the bowl, in place of those cones:
 
 
Altenew came to my rescue again.  Their Holiday Bow set will never go out of style!  The blues I've used came from their Secret Garden set of inks.  My old-faithful SU texture ef, and the Hemstitched Circles from Spellbinder made a
nice vessel to contain my boughs.
 
The countdown is now ON, my friends! 
I do hope your list of wishes are filled, and wrapped!
Thanks for stopping by today … I would totally
understand if you didn't have time to play cards this week - but it would be an extra big treat if you did!
 
=]  Michele

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Beautiful Blues💙

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous colours! Jo x

conil said...

Superb...whether you like blue or not, you certainly know how to use it to it's best advantage. WOW! The card would look wonderful at CASology's current challenge, too.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with all those pretty shades of blue, Michele! Great idea to substitute the pine cones with the pine boughs and I'm loving your bow! Such a lovely festive card!

Patti said...

Your once a year bow to blue! : ) It surely isn't obvious that blue is not your fav cuz you did it so proud!!

Lisa Elton said...

You might not like blue, but you do it so well!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you do know how to sing the blues.....beautiful!

Bonnie said...

You pulled out those blues again, my friend, and you did it so well! A very cheery card!

Jeanne said...

Well, the color may not be a favorite, but you use it beautifully! Wonderful card!

Marcia Hill said...

Blue is not my favorite either, but you made me like blue on this card!! I think it's the bow...I've always loved the bow in that Altenew set! Lovely, lovely card Michele!! Hugs. :0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

our card gives me the blues. In a good way. :)

Cat Craig said...

you are rocking those blues, Missy.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous job with the blues Michele and what a pretty card. The embossing folder for the background looks fabulous too x.

Ivana Camdzic said...

That blue!!!! So so gorgeous! Yep, it's settled, Altenew makes some of the prettiest designs, and you work them like magic, friend!