Sunday, August 4, 2019

CAS Watercolour Challenge - August 2019

Think I could resist this one from CAS Watercolour's August Challenge?  Think again...


Let's get right to it … there's a bit of the weekend left to enjoy! 



I adore this stamp n cut set from Hero Arts - they have so many that adore!  This particular one is so fun to color because of the sections on the wings.  After silver heat-embossing onto water color paper, I used Distress Oxides to color mine, and left parts of the wing clear, adding just a hint of white gold from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors.

After cutting and mounting their little bodies, I did a little stenciling using that same white gold water color on my card base - it worked beautifully with my makeup-style blending brush! Adding another of those wonderful Pinkfresh studio frames provides a home for these sweet creatures!

Hugs to my friend Marcia for choosing one of my favorite topics for this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge!

LOVE and hugs to my friend Donna who is celebrating her birthday today!!!  Happiest birthday to youuuuu - and many more!!!!

=]  Michele

DOX colors:  abandoned coral, candied apple, fossilized amber, wild honey, mermaid lagoon, and blueprint sketch.

21 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh my those flutterbys are so pretty Michele. Your entire composition is fabulous. WWCD.

Loll said...

Sweet! Fantastic framing and stenciling behind your gorgeous butterflies. This is so pretty Michele! LOVE the sweet, little hello sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

conil said...

Whoa!...just so lovely.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE everything about this butterfly card Michele...from the beautifully water colored wings and your lovely, lovely stenciled background and pretty frame! I just knew you'd love this challenge!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! Hugs. :0)

lostinpaper said...

Butterflies = Happy!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your fancy butterflies! And are those polka dots I spy with my little eye? This is pretty Michele!

Kathy said...

From another butterfly lover, beautiful colors with addition of the Tambi paints! Admiring the framing, a must-try idea!

JulieP said...

Of course it would be butterflies! I really need to watercolor more. Not sure why I don't.

Jeanne said...

Be still my butterfly lovin' heart! This is gorgeous, Michele. Happy Sigh!

Bonnie said...

Bright and beautiful butterflies, Michele! Love these colors and the shimmery metallic additions! I hadn't thought to use the brushes with watercolor. A great idea that I'll be trying. I love the shimmery dots and the frame is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

LeAnne said...

This is stunning...not only are the butterflies little works of art, that background is amazing!

Mac Mable said...

What a perfect challenge theme for you Michele. Beautiful card and those wonderful butterflies look so very pretty x.

TK said...

Very pretty, Michele, and who knew you could ink blend with Gansai Tambi?!?! It's a first for me to hear, but your card is gorgeous, as is that frame!

Barb Ghig said...

Your butterflies are so pretty, Michele! I love how you colored their wings and how you added shimmer with your white gold watercolors! Brilliant idea to use it for your stenciling, too! Thanks for the tip about using your blending brush for stenciling...you are a STAR, my friend!

Bobby said...

These are a far cry from your orange and black Monarchs, Michele, but you've hatched some more beautiful babies.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored butterflies, Michele. I love your wonderful die cut framing behind your butterflies too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Anita in France said...

How perfect this challenge is for you, Michele ... your delicate fluttery butterflies are simply lovely ... gorgeous with the touch of shimmer! Hugs, Anita :)

donna mikasa said...

Belated hugs and smooches for the birthday shout out! I LOVE those HA butterflies and may very well join this challenge too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour Challenge:)

Ivana Camdzic said...

Ohhhhh, this is gorgeous!!! Those butterflies really are a dream for coloring! And I adore the PF frame poking from underneath. So, so beautiful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your butterflies are colorful and so pretty, Michele! I can tell your love for butterflies. The white gold stenciled background, the frame, and the tiny banner sentiment strip are wonderful too.
Hideko xx