Sunday, June 11, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - June 2023

I am so excited to have another PNW friend as my Playing Cards with Friends guest for June 2023!  

Nancy Littrell - or as we know her Scandinancy Creates - and her husband have wonderful adventures together each year when they aren't busy with their gorgeous bit of Heaven on Earth in Oregon!  I love that she shares wonderful photos of both with me!

Nancy also makes really wonderful cards using lots of techniques: stenciling, and alcohol inking, to name just a few!  

Today, we are celebrating National Say hi Day!  You can read all about how this holiday came about here.  Based on that, here is our assignment:

  • Use fruit on your card - stamped, stenciled, die-cut or even hand-painted!
  • Say hi, or hello in honor of Say hi Day!

Now there are many ways of saying hi and I found one of them in my stash - along with two darling sets from Pigment Craft Co. that I combined for my card today - here she is...


These hands are meant to be holding a cup of coffee - but strawberries were on the menu today!


These are the inks I used and lovely background die from Pinkfresh.


I'm sure Nancy has raspberries, and strawberries growing somewhere in their gardens - maybe even blueberries?  I'd fill that cute little bowl with yogurt and head out to the garden and pick to my heart's content for the perfect parfait.  

Thank you, Nancy for accepting my invitation to play cards!  I'm rushing over now and inviting all of our friends to join me there!  xx

=] Michele

Pigment Craft Co.: Berry Patch stamps, and dies.  These Hands warm Easily stamps, and dies.
Pinkfresh Studios: Floral Lace die.
Pink Lemonade cardstock MFT 

20 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Hi/Hello back to you, my sweet very creative friend..Playing with friends is always so much fun...Loving your Hello die cut Summery card, Michele...Enjoy your day with friends and family. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bobby said...

"Hey" is what they say in North Carolina and whenever I use it Ken accuses me of copying my SIL. What a great idea to fill your cup with strawberries, Michele. They look yummy.

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fabulous bowl of spring goodness. Those strawberries look delicious and just adore the touch of green which makes them look so real.

Marie

Bonnie said...

Hello my friend. I like coffee, but strawberries are even better, Michele! These look juicy and delicious and I love the hands holding them!

Lisa Elton said...

I think those hands were meant to hold those yummy strawberries! What a cute card, Michele!

LeAnne said...

Such a sweet, fun card! Love that sentiment as well as that amazing background!

Marcia Hill said...

Hello, hello, hi!! Literally a sweet, SWEET card Michele, although I think I spy a couple Meijer strawberries toward the back with those hints of green! Michigan strawberries should be hrre real soon though...yummmmm!! Awesome card my friend and now I need to go check out Nancy's card!! Hugs. 😊❤️

Darnell said...

I love seeing that you and Nancy played cards together, M, and you've both outdone yourselves with your results! I love your design showing how versatile those hands are! A perfect card for summer with a really cool background! Hugs, D

Jeanne said...

Oh my, what a delicious card! I love every detail. Thanks for sharing the info on say hi day. What a lovely legacy for that wonderful young man. Hi there, hope you have an awesome day. (a day late, but it's always good to say hi, right?)

Brenda said...

Nancy is indeed a talented lady! Love that you gals played together, can't wait to see what she did as well. A fun little "challenge". I love your card Michele! Those hands are very cool-you have the most unique stamps and dies my friend! Love the daisy background and I love a bowl full of strawberries! I think this card is so cool and I love the idea of just saying "hey"! Cute! Hugs, Brenda

Kathy said...

Love this happy, Summery design! The flowers on the sleeves and the berry tops sweetly match the floral shapes in that background die. All your cards are so well done, but this one has it all, stamping, die cuts and great color…TFS today!

Cat Craig said...

What a great hello!

Leslie Miller said...

What a happy, summery, sweet card, Michele! I'm happy to see you and Nancy playing cards today!

nancy littrell said...

Hi Michele...forgot to mention..yes, we have strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and..Loganberries:-) Also rhubarb and 3 apple trees..makes my mouth water. I made strawberry scones today and have enough strawberries that I picked today to make a strawberry rhubarb pie tomorrow:-) Makes my mouth water just thinking about it:-)

I will be picking strawberries everyday until gone..then loganberries, then blueberries and then late Summer raspberries...Picking lettuce, onions and soon carrots now. Denny has all the veggies planted. We will be eating organic veggies everyday now until the late Fall. We love sharing with our local family and friends too...darn, too bad you do not live closer! I always share with our dear friend Leslie and Rich...Oh, we have fresh eggs too:-) Only 3 chickens now, but they do a nice job eating our wet garbage and add to our compost...

I have enjoyed all the comments your Hello cards and mine have gotten the last couple of days too:-) I will let you know when I mail you some washi tape, etc. Love and Hugs...Nancy

lostinpaper said...

Love everything about this, especially that TDF background die!!

HilaryJane said...

Your bowl of strawberries look good enough to eat. what a wonderful gift they make. Love those hands and the sleeves in particular. I also think that daisy die will end up on my wishlist xx

Lisa Schenck said...

Such a sweet card!

TK said...

Sweet! Your cup of strawberries are the perfect thing to fill your cup, and her sleeves are amazing, Michele

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love every single thing about this card, Michele. That wonderful die cut background is so perfect for that bowl of berries. I so love the sleeves on your berry holder too.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a cute and sweet card, Michele! This is perfect for Playing Cards with Nancy, because she doesn't drink coffee, but she has lots of kinds of berries in her garden! Love the lovely floral die-cut background echoing the sleeves' pattern!
Hideko xx