Thursday, June 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #591 NBUS #51

I found another two stamp sets that hadn't seen any ink at all before today - no excuses as they are both just wonderful and could be used for this week's Freshly Made Sketches from Jen Brum...

This first card really sings Jen's Sketch in a fun way, I think.  It uses those old dies from SSS, some pretty cardstock from The Stamp Market, and a set from SSS called Hello Sunshine:


Does anyone remember this SSS Circle on a Line?  I swear I never
throw anything away!  Including that orange-red circle I found in the package!
After piecing all the sections together, I was brave enough to stamp that
sunny face over the top with versamark ink and gold embossed it - phew, that was scary!  Another fun sentiment was stamped in versafine ink, clear embossed, and cut into a little flag.

My second card I thought might also fit the Sketch - can you see it? - but since it also uses a new to me set, I'm sending it over to my friend Darnell for her NBUS challenge #51.  Here you go, D - so happy to send you another card!


My favorite place to take a walk - and you'll surely find my flip flops waiting for
my return trip along the shoreline.  Isn't this a fun scene?  A set
from Stampendous/Fran's: Ocean Frames.  I think it may have been a prize from SSS?  I stamped the THREE parts of the scene in water friendly Versaclair ink and
used my Distress cubes to watercolor...


Hope you all are having a good week - tomorrow evening it is FINALLY time to celebrate my granddaughter's graduation!  Yay!
=] Michele

19 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love both of these, but I admit that beachy scene is my FAVORITE!

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up after our vacation! I scrolled back though to see all of the fabulous cards I missed. Each one is as creative and wonderful as the next... no surprise! xo

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! I love the colours and the lovely sunshine on your card! I can definitely see the sketch in your beachy card as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Marcia Hill said...

I think we all have that mountain of stamps that have never seen ink Michele...I know I sure do! (Or inked once and never used again!! I need to do better at that!!) But anyway, both cards are wonderful! You certainly were brave to do that gold embossing on the 1st card after having put all the layers together...YAY you!! Turned out perfect! I love your beach scene too...the perfect place to have been this past week! Hope your flip flops have been getting a workout!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Wonderful cards to celebrate the season, Michele! Wow! Someday I might get brave enough to try watercoloring. You certainly show how pretty it can be. I hope you have a fantastic time celebreating your granddaughter. :)

Bonnie said...

Two awesome ways to interpret this sketch, Michele! Love that bright sun and the modern look of the first card! And I immediately saw the sketch in the second card! What a perfect stamp and colored beautifully!

Cat Craig said...

I love your not so literal interpretation of the sketch and I can see it clearly in both cards.

HilaryJane said...

great cards and well done for using those stamps. Love both cards, but the beach seen is extra special xx

Leslie Miller said...

I don't remember the circle on a line, but I love your card with its southwest vibe. I've got a drawerful of southwest stamps which I love but haven't used in forever. Your card is a very creative use of the sketch. The second card shows the same creativity in a different locale. I love cleaning and reorganizing my room and finding wonderful things like this. I'm eager to get back in the groove.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the way your brain connects to your eyeballs... These are both fantastic takes on the sketch! You need to gat back to the beach...

Bobby said...

The colors on your first card are so bright and cheery, Michele. I love your serene beach scene. Those flip flops look better than the stamp I have.

TK said...

Two great cards and I see the sketch in both! Love them, especially the second with its peaceful beach

lostinpaper said...

Great way to stretch the sketch Michele, both are fabulous designs but the sandy one really sings to me!

baileyrosy.com said...

Firstly congratulations on your granddaughter's graduation how wonderful. Two perfect cards love the first with its great design and vibrant colours. The second well I just love that sentiment and after just coming back from my summer home by the sea I can totally relate to this beauty.

Marie

Cathy said...

Great takes on the sketch, love the beachy scene with the cute flip flops, Cathy x

Karren said...

Two fabulous cards giving totally different looks to the sketch! That beach scene looks particularly appealing to me today on this rainy, wintry day here in NZ!

Amy O said...

These are both fabulous! And both use the sketch in clever and creative ways! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Sunshine and the beach…..a delightful duo! Love the bold colors on your first card
And the beach scene is wonderful’

Darnell said...

I didn't realize you had a grandchild graduating, too, M! I'm not going to sa - wait, I can't help myself: Where DOES the time go??? On this end of life, I do wish I'd spent more time at that beach scene you have beautifully created! It is so realistic, I can literally feel the sand squishing up between my toes! And I also like your art deco colored design of sunshine with the gold-embossed flames! You are brave! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, D