Monday, June 5, 2023

Just us Girls #682 Color Challenge

 I had all of my supplies out for Lisa's wonderful challenge last week [sorry, Lisa!] and totally spaced out on the timing again - should I be worried? I think I know what happened - those Rocktrumpet flowers arrived and they overtook my brain!  I actually had Vicki's colors out on my desk for their next playtime!  


Today's card is actually a lesson-learned - when I loaded my paper into my MISTI I had tucked it into the upper right corner to stamp.  After stenciling, I put it back into the MISTI to over-stamp in black but tucked it into the BOTTOM right corner - what happened?  a double line that might make you a bit dizzy.  But it was an interesting mistake so I just went with it - they were too pretty to discard!


Have I mentioned how much I love Altenew's blending brushes?
They blend just beautifully with their shorter bristles, and cleanup is a breeze - I just swipe it over a baby wipe and dry well on a microfiber cloth.  They might be stained but that really doesn't make a difference to me in this instance.


My grey came into play in my background - I inked a stencil, spritzed it with water, then flipped it over onto my card base.  It was light enough to stamp my sentiment right over the top!  I'm loving the sentiments in this set!


Vicki, thanks for the lovely colors to play with!
=] Michele

17 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I wouldn't have spotted the mistake if you hadn't pointed it out. those are wonderful colours and I love that soft printed background xx

Cat Craig said...

no worries here...both cards look great!

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous!!! I love how you made the leaves aqua blue!!! Looks stunning with the purple blooms! And the subtle stenciled texture in the backgrounds is perfection!!!

lostinpaper said...

You are rockin' it my friend!

Bonnie said...

Two more beauties, Michele! Love the background and both images look great to me! A wonderful way to use these colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well, you certainly rocked out the colors with this card! Thanks so much for playing in it JUGS 😀

Lisa Elton said...

No worries, they'll be another time ;) I don't think it would matter what color these flowers were colored, they would still be extra pretty! But the do look good in Vicki's colors! Always love it when you're in our gallery at JUGs!

TK said...

Beautiful! These are just gorgeous colors, gorgeous flowers and your execution on the cards are perfection!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Michele. Even the happy accident! Love the colors, too. Thanks for sharing. Crafty hugs!

Birgit said...

Hi Michele! I've missed so many beautiful makes on your blog while traveling. My trip home took much longer than it was supposed to but I'm home. Anyway, all the cards you've made recently are stunning as always! I had so much fun playing catch-up on your blog this morning. The perfect compliment to my morning coffee.

Marcia Hill said...

Maybe I need new glasses, because although I understand how you made your mistake, I don't see the double lines?!! But anyway, the colors are absolutely GORGEOUS and I'm thinking this is a set you need to bring with you at the end of the month! Beautifull, beautiful cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous new stamp set using the color challenge. Love your soft grey stenciled background too. TFS dear friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bobby said...

So glad you gave that trumpet flower a try in our challenge colors, Michele. They are beautiful. How great is it that you get two cards from that one stamp! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

baileyrosy.com said...

I too didn't notice the double line until you mentioned it but when I squinted I could see it and I really like it. Love, love, love the coloring and the stenciled backdrop is just perfect.

Marie

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful use of the colors and I really do love these flowers! The stencil does the prettiest job of letting you add color in the coolest way. Great background, too. Oh, and the sentiments are good. No worries about the outline. I had to look closely to see what you meant.

Linda Callahan said...

Ohhh I am loving that cleverly done background behind those gorgeous flowers!

Brenda said...

What a happy mistake Michele! We would have never been none the wiser if you hadn't told us! I had to pull the computer up to my face to see where it double stamped, then I finally saw it. But I thought that was how the stamp was made. LOL Your cards are gorgeous! I love the colors you used, the stenciling is stunning. Love the background too. Again, just gorgeous!!! Hugs, Brenda