Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Four Seasons - A Summer Day at the Beach!

I don't know about the beaches you all frequent, but here along the Lake Michigan shoreline one can expect to see & hear a gull or two!  Watch your snacks are the words for the wise!

The ladies at the Four Seasons June 2023 challenge are looking for anything goes Summer!  Here is their wonderful inspiration...


I recently added Altenew's gorgeous Bird of the Mountain die set and quickly determined that this stunner could be made into a mountain of different breeds of bird.  Today, I TERNed it into one of those pesky guys found on other beaches ...


The layering dies can be customized - I lengthened his tail, Copic-colored his head, and beak based on a photo I brought up on my phone from All About Birds.

Here's a closeup of his eye - it has a little dot of glossy accents.


I buried his feet in the sand with a little snip of my scissors, and
used those old faithful dies from SSS to create the sand, foam, and ocean from some white woodgrain cardstock and a few inks and daubers.
This fun sentiment is from HoneyBee Stamps' Seas the Day sentiment set.
[You'll see this guy as a different 'breed' soon!]

I better get this guy over to the Four Seasons gallery before he takes off!  Thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Love love love it! The bird, the background... so clever and pretty!

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant, such great texture. Thanks for all the beach inspiration xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is lovely. The bird is super realistic and really makes the card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

I'd love to have you come play along with us also at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome prizes from our amazing sponsors. Please come join us.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen L

LeAnne said...

He is quite a handsome tern, that's for sure! Love the background as well!

Diane said...

He is awesome, what a great die, and we had lots of seagulls at our house on Lake Huron, the neighbor hated them, I loved them as it made really feel like being on the beach and we always knew when they disappeared a storm was brewing!! I am going to have to check out that die, you have enabled me!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th


Vikki H said...

Tern, tern, tern, tern, so good to see you! I like your background as much as the "tern"!!

TK said...

Look at you -- getting all creative! What a wonderful bird, Michele, he's quite regal on your card

Jeanne said...

Wow, Michele! He looks amazing. So does your background. You have a beautiful way with textures, that is a fact! Thank you so much for sharing. Looking forward to watching your creativity shine with your bird variations. :)

Bonnie said...

I'm glad this bird stayed grounded long enough for you to show him off! Beautifully done and your die cut landscape is amazing! Looking forward to seeing the next species you come up with!

Cat Craig said...

THis is one gorgeously created scene Michele. All the elements come together in a view of perfection. Love.

Jeanne H said...

I really love this card, its texture, colors and that wonderful bird!

Brenda said...

You done it again Michele! What a fabulous gull and an inviting beach! Love how you used the woodgrain paper to make you sand and ocean, so clever, so unique and oh so pretty! You took your tern bird die and turned him into an awesome gull, I just love it! Ok, lets find a nice warm beach to sit on! LOL Love the sentiment, but I wouldn't be able to get back up from the sand if I sat in it. LOL Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

I'm waiting for him to come back in stock. I love what you did to make him a tern, Michele, and can't wait to see what else he becomes. I also love the way you did the sea and sand.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is stunning, Michele! When I first saw this bird die-set on the Altenew website, I thought of you and Bonnie. ;-)
I LOve the colors of the bird, and the sand-foam-sky background! The softly sponging woodgrain cardstock is awesome! It gives an organic and natural feeling to the scene.
Hideko xx

lostinpaper said...

That is the perfect sentiment for this card and sweet little thief, love that he is keeping his toes warm lol.

Karren said...

Oooh that woodgrain cardstock provides great texture without distracting from your fabulous bird!