Friday, June 2, 2023

A flower by any other name... Color Hues #65

Hello, my friends!  How are you??  I've been kinda quiet, right?  Our weather has been TOO glorious not to get out and enjoy it!  

All it takes is a great color combination and a new stamp to get my juices flowing again!  My thanks to Julie Peddicord who is our host at Color Hues #65, for her fabulous color combo:


This is a favorite color combo at Christmas time, but it also worked beautifully with my newest floral collection from Altenew: Rock Trumpet!  As is my usual, I searched the internet for photos of these ... much to my surprise one of my favorite hanging basket blooms, the Dipladenia, is from the same genus of plants!

I gathered a few aqua and red inks:


 This Rocket Trumpet is HUGE!!  I was able to stamp it using my original MISTI onto an 8.5 x 6.5 inch piece of Neenah 80# card.  After stenciling the image with the coordinating stencils, I cut it with the matching die.  Yesterday, I watched a wonderful video by Erum Tasneem for Altenew where she showed how she used the die-cut image to make two A2 cards.  I managed to get two SLIMLINE cards from one image:


Two panels: 4 x 8.5" were first splattered with watery aqua ink, then I laid out the die-cut florals until I found the 'sweet spot' for dividing it!  Here are the two cards I was able to get from one image:



Of course, I had to 'hang' them!  
Here is the one I'll share with our friends at Color Hues:


Thanks so much, Jules - I loved playing cards with your colors!
=] Michele

25 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love your fabulous coloring and the layout.

lostinpaper said...

WOW! These are amazing my friend, GREAT idea to make a two-for!!

Karren said...

This stamp is indeed huge and you've used that to great effect by creating two stunning cards! And what a fabulous use of the colours!

Karen said...

Brilliant! These cards are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, that is huge! It looks gorgeous in those colors and I like the little speckles you added. Two fabulous cards, Michele! WWCD ;)

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely LOVE both of these cards Michele and can totally see why you HAD to have this set! And how perfectly our challenge colors worked for these trumpet flowers too!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us and beautifying our gallery my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Goodness, these are glorious! Thanks for sharing, Michele. Your creative brain is on pointe for this duo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love slimline cards! These are fabulous in one of my favorite color combos no less 😄

LeAnne said...

These are gorgeous! Remind me of trumpet vines.....I am sure a hummingbird would delight in these blossoms!

JulieP said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! I've seen this technique before but haven't tried it....yet. Thank you dear friend for making my color combo look so good!!!

HilaryJane said...

Simply stunning. Well done for getting two for the price of one. I am also admiring your perfect splatters xx

Bonnie said...

What's better than one card with these beautiful trumpet flowers? Well two cards of course! Perfect for the Color Hues challenge!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Absolutely beautiful! I hope I can participate this week...

Bobby said...

Those trumpet flowers make a great hanging basket, Michele, and are glorious in the challenge colors. A two-fer is always a giant plus.

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness, these are gorgeous, and why not make two at once? You wouldn't want to waste a bit of this amazing stamped image. So lovely hanging on your CAS cards with just a bit of splatter. I'll bet your baskets are amazing, too!

Nancy said...

I just love your new stamp and love that you achieved two pretty cards out of one impression. Your colors could not be any more perfect and I always get so inspired when I come by your blog! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues. Enjoy your weather!

TK said...

Two beautiful cards - I just love those trumpet vines, my mom used to grow them all the time. Such beautiful colors too

wienerhoneymooners said...

I think you have officially arrived if THEEEEEEE Therese Calvird applauds you, (HUGE SMILES)

I DO TOO...Gorgeous card, loved the design Just phenomenal.

So glad to see your crafty lovely creativity in the Color Hues challenge!!!

So glad to join in this time!!!
HUGS to you girl!!! HUGS to you!!!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, great way to showcase the colors.

Cindy Beach said...

You find the most beautiful stamps, dear friend, and they are even beau-ti-ful-er after you make them into cards. This is stunning! The colors are glorious and having two card is a great plus!

nancy littrell said...

TFS all your Rock Trumpet cards, Michele. The color hues challenge colors are so beautiful and love how you were able to make multiple CAS designs and card sizes out of the same set. Your photos turned out beautifully too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

baileyrosy.com said...

FABULOUS! Firstly the colour combo is beautiful so I must pop over to colour hues to see all of their wonderful inspiration.Secondly, your beautiful painting is amazing and they look awesome "hung" and the slimline card makes them look even more elegant if that is possible.

Marie

Julie B said...

A beautiful pair of cards Michele, so pleased that the latest colour combination lured you back inside! The good weather is why I'm a tad late to comment, had to get out whilst the clouds were keeping the temps bearable! Thanks for your continued support at Color Hues. :)

Brenda said...

Glad you have been enjoying the beautiful weather in your neck of the woods Michele, good for you! This color combo is beautiful as are your cards! I love how you got two slimline cards from this one GORGEOUS image! As always, you have made two stunners. Love them! Hugs, Brenda

Hannelie said...

This card wowed me the first time I saw it on Instagram... seeing it here on my bigger screen, I'm just blown away! Love that you got two for one with this large beautiful stamp!
Thanks for playing again at Color Hues !