Monday, May 11, 2015

The Challenge #34 Color Time!

It's time for a bit of color at The Challenge:

 
I had just the perfect bloom stamped and ready for coloring - I'm not great at it - but anxious to try-try-again! 
 
My crafty buddy Bobby shared a few really lovely Tim Holtz floral stamps while visiting, so I didn't have to look further than the corner of my craft-table to do just that... here is where my 'Mum' took me:
 

 
I stamped this bloom onto a square of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock using a SSS stitched square die; mounted it along with two Die-namics leaves, and stamped my MOM and perfect sentiment from the Amazing Women set from E.H.  Add a dash of PPP sequins - Tangerine, Lime, and Marigold did the trick for our color challenge.
 
Hope you find just what you need to make a card for The Challenge this week!  I'll be watching for it!


13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful Michele, absolutely beautiful!! Love those leaves too. Another knock out!!

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love the simple stitched square and your lovely design!

Cat Craig said...

Love that little leaf tucked under your sentiment panel. So wonderfully sweet.

sandie said...

So pleased to be joining you again at 'The Challenge'. And your colouring absolutely rocks here. I love how one leaf pops out from behind the panel, lovely touch x

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Love those bright colours.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so pretty, Michele! Love these colors together. :)

Deepti said...

So pretty! I like that you placed one of the leaves underneath :)

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous and perfectly colored. Love how you did the leaves.

Bobby said...

I'm pinning this so I have a color reference when I want to use this stamp. You did a wonderful job coloring it, Michele, and I love all the added details, like the cut out leaves and sequins.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day card Michele! I love that flower and I love the way you have colored it. The leaves are perfect, love how they are lacy looking and I love your sentiment. Love the inspiration color combo, just lovely! Hugs, Brenda

Sharron said...

Wow, gorgeous card! The lime green with the orange looks stunning! Love the font on your sentiment.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Michele ... these luscious colours are so mouthwatering ... so beautifully used on that lovely crysanthemum! Love how one of the leaves is tucked under the panel ... as ever, fabulous detailing, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Shona Chambers said...

You've used this colour combo so well and love the way you coloured the flower. Thought of you last night as we had yet another earthquake. Of course we are all thinking its building up to something big but fingers crossed the earth is just letting off steam.....