Sunday, May 10, 2015

Muse - times two!!

 

I am so happy to be playing along with Vicki Dutcher today - she's a fabulous Muse and I think her card design this week is really fabulous, too!
 
Bright, cheerful colors along with that big, bold, black = happy!

For Vicki, and Muse #116, I played with the colors in a sweet little SSS die on the last little bit of linen CS from Anita!  40 for a special someone, and lots of black for the occasion! 

Inside sentiment:  "If your arthritis, sciatica, and bunions will allow for it!"

OH!!! Have you heard there is a new Muse in town?  Hmmm?  If not, you should visit Muse: Christmas Visions!  Kimberly Wiener has the inaugural Christmas card - oh it is a beauty!


I think this will be a fantastic way to build a super stash of 2015 Christmas cards.  Here is my first of many - I used several layers of ink - Peacock feathers D.I., and Navy for stamping this Hero Arts stamps - [inaugural use] that I purposely left a bit blotchy to mimic Kimberly's water-coloring.  I then added a gold color-blocked background, and gold embossed my sentiment... hope you like it Kimberly!!



Congrats, Ardyth, on your second fantastic challenge... I may be a bit partial =]

Muse: ChristmasVisions


24 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow two gorgeous cards Michele love them both ! x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Both cards outstanding Michele!
You rock muse every time!
Love'em!x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Miss Lady!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love how you worked the colours from Kimberly's card! Beautiful and unique!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Forgot to say how I love the Muse card from Vickie too! Love those teensy triangles :)

Ardyth said...

You be as partial as you like, my friend! LOL! So glad you played along!

Betty J Schaub said...

Like them all. The tree is my favorite.

Joyce said...

Two stunning and gorgeous cards today. Love them both.

~amy~ said...

Still chuckling after reading what the interior of card one says....you're hilarious!

I love how you were inspired by Kimberly's card...gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

You did a fabulous job with both cards for both challenges!! Love that little bird perched on the teeny branch! Hope you enjoyed a Happy Mother's Day!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely and JOY oh JOY to have you join in the MUSE inaugural...LOVE the first card and the message too...(as I chuckle, and chortle) Lovely scene on the MUSE CV card,. AB FAB to have you join in!

Ingrid said...

Great cards - I love that gold paper on the Christmas one behind your main panel. Such a wonderful layout and piece. :)

Petra Swart said...

Love your great 40th card, Michelle!! The little triangles are so cute and I love the colours you've chosen to go with all the B&W. Cute sentiment!!!
Your X-mas card is lovely!!! The blue and gold is beautiful and I love the lo of the card!!!
Have a great week!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Two great cards, Michele! Love them both. :) Hope you had a blessed Mother's Day!

Cat Craig said...

Loving the square cards Michele. Your first muse colors are perfect and I can see the muse. Your Christmas card's muted look is fab.

Margaret said...

Great take on both Muse cards.

Brenda said...

Love your take on Vicki's card Michele! Vicki's card is amazing but so is yours. It's fun and I love the sentiments you used. Fun and festive, isn't that what birthday cards are all about?! I also love, love your take on Kimberly's card, I would have never thought to go in that direction and I'm loving it! I want to play along with this one, but not sure if I will get it done by the closing time. Haven't even been in my room in a long, long time. Feels like forever. lol Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous and beautiful cards Michele...love them both!

Greta said...

Oh wow--your cards are wonderful!

Deepti said...

Fabulous CASEing!

Anonymous said...

Michele, I love them both, but your solitary bird in the birch trees stole my heart! I absolutely love the stillness and contemplation it conveys, and that muted colouring makes it all the more dramatic!

Bobby said...

It's a little early for my birthday, Michele. lol Love the card. Uh, both cards. I thought I had that tree stamp but I guess not. Love it though. Something else to borrow.

Pam said...

Love both of these, Michele!

Anita in France said...

Graphic and gorgeous and fun, Michele ... and oh my, the rich blues and gold is just stunning! Need more paper?? Hugs, Anita :)