Thursday, May 7, 2015

Inspired today... for Time Out - Home Sweet Home

I am often inspired by a very beautiful person from NSW Australia that makes very beautiful creations:  Therese Calvird.  Therese used to be a Muse designer, but sadly stepped down just as I was stepping up!  No worries... we have lots of virtual visits!  If you haven't watched one of her fantastic videos... well, please do yourself a favor - do so TODAY!
One particular visit this week to her blog LostInPaper made me try a technique she shared here.  I've given it a go, and will try again, and again - though they will never be as perfect as hers.

For Time Out's Home Sweet Home, based on this gorgeous room:
 
I present:  Flower within a flower
 
 
My base flower was cut with Mondo Magnolia, the inner flowers are Bohemian Garden, and the perfect sentiment, from Amazing Women... all from the newest Ellen Hutson's Essentials by Ellen and Julie Ebersole.  LOve this release!
 
I do hope that Therese will smile when she sees that I've attempted to make her card ... thank you, Therese for your inspiration!

19 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Brilliant. Brilliant. Oh and stunning!.
I predict a winner friend! Love this!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely stunning. Brilliant idea and perfectly executed.

Happy Dance said...

I too, adore Therese's videos! She's a wonder, isn't she?! And I'm loving your TO card. Great idea, and I'm calling WWCD! Gotta run, Bev

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Jo x

Sharron said...

Awesome technique! Thanks for pointing me to Therese's blog. Love your floral version--just stunning!

sandie said...

This is amazing, what a cool design and, as always, fab stamping. Perfect for our challenge at TO

Lisa Elton said...

WOW!!! You took this idea and ran with it Michele, A...may...ZING!!!

cm said...

Oh my...not only is this gorgeous but I must have been channeling you because I did something similar using flowers with...are you ready...a butterfly! My card's nowhere near as lovely as yours, however! I didn't realize Therese had a video...maybe I should have watched it first! Sharing soon-ish!
Hugs~c

lostinpaper said...

Love love love it Michele! Pinned!

lostinpaper said...

I was so busy pinning your fabulous card that I read your post after lol. Thanks so so much for your kind words hon... now, if only we lived a little closer I'd put the kettle on and we'd have the funnest time!

Lynn said...

What a gorgeous take on the inspiration Michele! So glad you could play with us at Time Out!

Jamie said...

Wow! This is sooo gorgeous! Both you and Therese inspire me ALL the time:) This truly is gorgeous!!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous and unique take on the inspration photo,brilliant!

Sarah G said...

Stunning - love this design. It is perfect for the TO inspiration and just plain cool :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at TO!

Bobby said...

This is such a unique technique and I love how it turned out.

Shona Chambers said...

How fabulous is this for the TIME OUT challenge!! Therese always has the most amazing ideas and I can see she loves what you have done. So do I, its brilliant!!

Anita in France said...

Therese is a creative wonder, isn't she, Michele (as you are) ... I just watched that video this morning (I'm so behind!!). I love your take ... such a wonderful colour palette ... and all that gorgeous white space ... sigh! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

ohhhh how cool is that. Love!

Gerrina said...

Can see why you love these; a beautiful card! Thank you for linking up at TIME OUT!