Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fusion: Wedding Belles!

Can I borrow your time for one more minute today?  I don't think I've had as much fun in my craft-room for a bit ... one must make cards while the Mojo shines, right?

Fusion's Wedding Belles photo inspiration photo features one of the most gorgeous wedding cakes - love the colors, and noticed a few orange flowers up in that corner - see them?

Our wedding day was in May when the flowers are supposed to be blooming and the temperatures are mild - right.  It snowed two weeks before, and rained the day of!  Oh.  Did I mention we were married on a golf course?  Thank goodness for the tent! 

It was after the wedding when Tom's grandma reminded me of an old belief: Rain on your wedding day means good luck, and good fortune.  Must be true ... we sure are lucky to have each other - fortune or no fortune!

My card, using the photo as inspiration, and remembering Grandma Ferguson:


Inside:  "May you be showered with love, and
happiness on this, your wedding day!"
 
Stamp set:  Technique Tuesday: Bootiful Tulips - Garden Society set May 2015
 
 
Enjoy the rest of your day.. rain or shine!
 
=]

16 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you and your craft room are having a blast, love these cute polka boots in yellow!

Taunya Butler said...

Love, love, love this - gorgeous tones and colors and just such an awesome card!!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh I love the flowers in the sweetest polka dot boots! Yay for your mojo keep it coming and happy you are having fun! Darling take of the inspiration photo!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin the polka dot paper and those CUTE rain boots! I think I might need them soon, I hear thunder right now!! This is darling Michele. Here's another kindred spirits thought for ya...it rained on our wedding day too ;)

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous, Michele. You've captured the spirit and essence of the inspiration photo.

Lynn said...

Love your coloring Michele. The visuals of your wedding make me smile! Thank goodness for tents!! Love, love, love your card and thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those wellies are just the cutest Michelle, love the colours and the whimsy! Inside sentiment is perfect!

Petra Swart said...

Loved the story of your wedding day and I surely love your beautiful card, too, Michelle!!! Great colouring of those wellies and flowers and I do like the polka dots!!!! Love the bright orange of the flowers and the little fishtail banners!!!! Lovely card!!!
Have a great day!!

Bobby said...

Love those darling rain boots filled with tulips. Michele. I got a pair of fishing boots once to plant flowers in and ended up wearing them instead. lol

Sharron said...

Love your take on the challenge photo. Those colors are so great for a rainy day bouquet. The polka dot wellies and pretty orange blooms look fabulous!

Kim Heggins said...

Not sure what I like more, those beautiful tulips or those polka dot rain boots...such a sweet and adorable card.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love it Michele!!!!! so cute, LOVE THEM BOOTS!!!! And is Seattle, so used to the rain!!!!
Thanks for playing in the FUSION fabulousness!

~amy~ said...

Awwwww....love the story♡
Your card is so sweet! Love those tulip filled boots!
Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Michele! I love your coloring and the background for the boots. Sometimes that absolutely stops me in my tracks - you made it look easy!I loved hearing about your special day - I've heard rain is good luck too. I had snow!

Anita in France said...

Polka dot yellow boots, Michele ... how glorious ... what a lovely way to represent such a wonderful memory! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Michele, this is gorgeous!