Thursday, May 7, 2015

CAS[E] this Sketch #122

Leigh Penner is our sketch designer this week - it is a beauty-and she will do gorgeous things with this, believe me!  I had my [this week's] favorite papers ready to go - the latest kit from SSS! 

Here is Leigh's sketch...

Isn't she lovely?
 
I switched the sketch to a horizontal card as I totally intended to use one of the long-ish sentiments from the Congratulations set of stamps included in the kit... also those lovely MME papers, AND the lovely SSS Artful Flowers & Dies that Bobby was so kind to bring along last week.  [I have been trying to buy that set since its premier!]  Enough said:
 

White embossed onto PTI Linen Vellum, colored just a smidge with Spectrum Noir  FS6 - love them.
 
I just know my DT-mates will blow my mind with this sketch... do join me as I run by CTS for a look, and a gush.  We have a fabulous guest this week!  Paul Browning from the UK blog The Artsiders has done fabulous things with Leigh's sketch... congrats, Paul!  

Now, how about YOU?  I can't wait to see which direction your card takes us ...
 
Thanks, always, for the visit!!
 
=] 


23 comments:

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. You had me at vellum and then pushed me over the edge with the gold.

Jacquie Southas said...

Those flowers are gorgeous - beautiful card, Michele.

sandie said...

So very delicate, love the embossimg on vellum x

Sharron said...

Oh my, just beautiful! Soft pink, vellum and gold--what a wonderful combination and a very feminine look!

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch! The papers, the flowers...you rocked the kit!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Michele! I bought this stamp set, but you have me wishing I bought the floral one, too, as well as the whole kit! I love your card -- fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft and feminine yet so elegant at the same time!! LOVE it Michele!

Diana K said...

Pink and gold. Together. End of the perfect story,

cm said...

I'm gushing and crushing all over your little pretty-in-pink number here! Sooooo beautiful...
Hugs~c

Lynn said...

Love the soft pink and gold combo. Beautiful.

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous wedding card -- love that paper!

Petra Swart said...

The soft pink and gold is beautiful, Michelle!!! Love those vellum flowers!!! Lovely card!!!
Have a great start to your weekend!!!!

Bobby said...

This is gorgeous, Michele. It would make a fabulous wedding card for my grandson - if I'd only gotten the kit.

Ros Crawford said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! I adore this card ... I have those papers but not that gorgeous flower die ... Love how you have used both here so pretty and soft! Have a lovely day!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Be still my heart...must get these artful flowers! Fabulous :)

Anita in France said...

Delicate, elegant, gorgeous, Michele ... sigh! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous and sweet. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Those flowers just made it to my mail box...hope to ink them up soon.

PiecesbyEmily said...

Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the softness and pretty pink color.

Linda Handford said...

Love this card, really pretty.

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Karen x

Chrissy Larson said...

Absolutely fabulous! I LOVE this gorgeous card! Wowza!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely stunning Michele...love that gorgeous paper, so amazing!