Friday, October 2, 2026

One card - three challenges!

This never happens!  I started to make a card for The Paper Players #805 using Jaydee's fun sketch when I spied with my little eye the 'leftover' panel from that fabulous Maple tree trunk that I cut at Carrie's house.  If you know me at all, I really try to use the negatives from die cuts and will specifically arrange a die thinking ahead to how I might use it later... later happened today!


I first cut the panel down using my old faithful Wonky Rectangle die from MFT.
Then, I masked my tree using one of my Penny Black essential masks and added a moon in Fossilized Amber ink blended Black Soot over the rest of the panel and backed it to make the tree trunk black!
I reached for a favorite Halloween die set from SSS: Big Bat - but just used the
sentiment - using the second color in Color Hues #142: burnt red.
Just us Girls #843 is asking for Halloween dies! This Bat Trio from SSS spooks me-
and the 'hey, boo' is my go-to for my granddaughter, Lola.

Nothing left to do but give it all a spooky spritz of TH Mica spray and voila!
ONE card - THREE challenges done and dusted!

                                                            


I have spent a great deal of time in my studio playing cards with all of those wonderful Altenew sets Carrie sent me home with... I'll be sharing those soon, I promise.  

Until then, we're still blooming butterflies but the weather is making it pretty hard on these delicate little friends of ours.  The sun is shining today, and I hope it warms up enough for their wings to strengthen for that long flight to Mexico!

Have a great weekend my friends!
=] Michele

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my, I certainly wouldn't walk into this forest! Spooky and so much fun for Halloween! And a perfect use of these Color Hues Colors! Thanks for inspiring us!

Marcia Hill said...

Spooky for sure Michele and smart thinking ahead about the negative space of the tree! I love the masked moon too, and of course that sentiment is always a favorite to look forward too! Awesome card my friend and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

That is one spooky forest for sure! But that sentiment---reminds me of my favorite movie, To Kill A Mockingbird! I love it when Scout says "Hey Boo!" What a fabulous card, especially using our sketch this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cool and result I love that moon with the tree yeah that’s a cool card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Jan Clothier said...

That haunted forest you've created is spooky indeed and is so cleverly created. I like the different edges you've used for the two panels too - just little details that make a huge difference. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What an awesome card Michele - that negative die cut was way too good to waste and along with the bats and splatter makes for a very spooky Halloween card. Love that sentiment too! A fab take on our PP sketch this week!

Stef Perry said...

Michele, you've created one fabulous Halloween card! Well done using that leftover panel so wonderfully. I love the big moon behind that cool tree and of course there must be bats! Love this! Thanks for joining in this week with the Paper Players!

Stef Perry said...

And...I forgot to add, thank you for playing along with my Color Hues challenge too. I love this card!

donna mikasa said...

Oh you clever girl—a THREEFER! And using the negative of the maple tree was just meant to be! I can see this picking up wins for all three challenges!

TK said...

Nice! Way to use those leftovers and make a multi-tasking masterpiece! Your thinking ahead is making my head hurt though - lol

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is wonderful, Michele. Lola is sure to love this spooky labor of Halloween love.

Bobby said...

I do remember you trying to take advantage of negative cuts, Michele, and you inspired me to try to do the same. Using the tree negative worked fabulously for this spooky night Halloween scene. Great job on combining three challenges.

Jeanne said...

Wow, look at you go! That's amazing. And your card is stellar!

Karen said...

It's one fabulous Halloween card! And so perfect for each of the challenges! We're always excited to see another of your creations in the Color Hues gallery!