Thursday, September 17, 2026

Color Hues #141 + PBSC

Oh, Sheri!  I cannot thank you enough for choosing green in your beautiful duo colors for Color Hues #141!  Flowers are often my favorite, and it's tough to do flowers without green! lol


I had a birthday card to make for my daughter who is 49 tomorrow!  How did this happen???  Aren't I only 45??  Okay, maybe not... but this one will be appreciated when she gets home from a fabulous trip to NYC with her family!


Inside: make that CHEERS for many many more happy, healthy years!


I'm sure Penny Black won't mind my turning their 
Winter Berry Branch into 'grapes.'  SB Stylish Ovals for the aperture,
SU! Exposed Brick for the top embossing and the sentiment is from 
Penny Black's Joy and Warmth set. The background was stamped with
a set from W+9's Vintage Ephemera - no longer available...sorry!

The Stamp Market's MOSSY ink gave me the artichoke I was looking for along with Villainous Potion for my grapes!

I also borrowed Jill Foster's wonderful sketch from her recent Easy Christmas Card
series on Penny Black's YouTube channel!


I substituted some things from my stash but can see this working 
with so many things!  Thanks, Jill!

I'll be sharing this card with Penny Black on Saturday Challenge, too!
It was so much fun to do a little water coloring today!
=] Michele

4 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I do love that soft smokey green. A beautiful card for your beautiful daughter xx

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful and creative combo of die cuts, stamping, and embossing. How perfect the background stamping is with the sentiment, which is clever to use for a birthday. My son is 50. I don't know how that happened either.

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! The sprig alone is gorgeous, but your background features really kick this up! Your daughter will love it!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card for your daughter's birthday. Love all the elements you put together to make it. I think the Winter Berries look perfect as purple grapes.