Sunday, June 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #81

 


We're asking you to share YOUR favorite of the flowers this month at The Flower Challenge #81!  I've shared my favorite flower so many times that I doubt it will surprise you to see yet another tulip?  This one was borrowed from a friend so long ago that I had to ask which set they come from - thanks, Bobby, for sharing and for refreshing my memory!  [It is also now in my own stash!]  

Here is a closeup of these gorgeous tulips in shades of salmon red...


My 'frame' is the outermost die in Spellbinders' Scrolled Punch & Pierce Plate - phew! say THAT four times! 
I've used this set of sentiments so often you probably will recognize it -
Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments and dies just in case; this time stamped 
in The Stamp Market's Citrine ink.


I was very pleased with my no-line Copic coloring on these - can't imagine why I hadn't shared them before!  I fussy-cut them from the panel I'd colored - really fussy, well worth the effort, I think.  

We can't wait to see YOUR favorite flower planted in our gallery!  By the way, you don't have to choose just one!  Let's go see what my teammates and special guest designer Christine of Handmade by Christine have made, shall we?
=] Michele

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have the best collection of tulip stamps and dies, Michele! I see why you needed to add these. Gorgeous coloring! I thought they were watercolored. And the fussy cutting is admirable. I believe you will really appreciate having the die!

LeAnne said...

The tulips are gorgeous, but that background plate---holy Toledo! It's stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Your lovely tulips are standing so proud and tall in that beautiful frame! Your fussy cutting is so perfect I would have guessed die cut. Probably better!

lostinpaper said...

this is absolutely stunning Michele! LOVING that intricate background and it's definitely not overly fussy using the 'white on white' technique.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! Love the color against the white. Amazing fussy cutting too!! :)

TK said...

Your tulips are gorgeous, of course, and I'm so happy they're in YOUR stash now!

Lisa Elton said...

I would say they found the perfect home with you! Yes, your fussy cutting was well worth, they look just lovely in that fancy frame. Pretty card for someone's birthday!

Cat Craig said...

Simply gorgeous Michele. I too am a tulip lover.

Jeanne said...

This is beautiful, Michele. I love the tulips and the terrific fussy cutting you did. The background is gorgeous, too. Looks like such pretty lace. Makes for a wonderful card! Thanks for sharing.

Marcia Hill said...

Another WOW card Michele...your no line coloring on those beautiful tulips is GORGEOUS!! LOVE the frame too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

That die makes the perfect frame for those gorgeous tulips. Your colouring is fantastic. Hope the frame cut well this time xx

Bobby said...

Your Copic coloring of those tulips is amazing, Michele. I love how they span the opening of that beautiful pierced panel.

nancy littrell said...

Another gorgeous tulip card using your beautiful die cut tulips and stunning cover plate framing, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

baileyrosy.com said...

I can't fussy cut or unfussy cut to save my life you must have so much patience as these are perfect. The colouring is amazing you are so talented. As for that Spellbinders frame, I want it and have tried to get it everywhere after seeing it in all its glory on another card of yours. Maybe my lovely sister will bring it to me when she visits from the UK.

Marie

Brenda said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Michele! I'm not surprised to see you used tulips again....they are gorgeous flowers indeed. I love your no line colored tulips, they are gorgeous...I feel like I could reach out and pick one! So very realistic looking! Love the pierced panel you used, it is so gorgeous as well. This is a stunner, no doubt about that! Hugs, Brenda

wienerhoneymooners said...

Smitten - Kitten!

TaeEun said...

So clean and pretty! I love the touch of elegance that the die cut frame gives to the card !