Sunday, September 18, 2022

Playing Cards with Friends - September 2022

Today, I have the great pleasure of Playing Cards with my friend from Sweden, Karin Åkesdotter!  Not only has she inspired another of my PCWF cards, but she even honored my request to use her water coloring talents to paint our cats! [Still might be the very best surprise I ever gave to my husband] Karin's blog Peppermint Patty's has been such a pleasure to read for many years - I'm very, very lucky that she accepted my invitation to Play!  Thanks, so much, my friend!

We are celebrating two National Holidays this month:  Hug a Greeting card Writer Day and Locate an Old Friend Day!  I've linked the celebration details so you can read all about them.  Using one, or both of the holidays, here is our assignment:

    ·         Use a die-cut sentiment as the star of your card
and deliver it to that friend!

How easy is that?  I found a sentiment set in my stash that just has not seen enough ink and wanted to try that wonderful technique from Dawn at Wplus9 using silhouette stamps... you can find her instruction here.  I went with a very watery stamping - for a moment, I thought it was a goner!  But Dawn never steers us wrong!


The technique is a simple one:
  1. Load your MISTI with stamps of choice - I used Altenew's Leaf Clusters - and your favorite watercolor cardstock.  [my current favorite is Fabriano hot press]
  2.  Grab your daubers or blending sponges and choose some Distress Oxides that make you happy - I was thinking Autumn today.  
  3.  Add ink directly to the stamp as you'd like then give the stamps a spritz of water using a fine misting bottle like TH Mini Mister
  4.  Close the lid of your MISTI wait a few seconds and have a second panel of paper at the ready - you won't believe it, but you will get a second stamping!
Here's mine...


Since it was for a very special friend who will be hugging this greeting card maker soon, I brought out a bit of sparkle and added splats of gold spray, and that sentiment I mentioned - actually two from Waffle Flower's Sentiment Additions combo set of stamps and dies - that were heat embossed in Ranger Princess Gold.  By positioning one to the left and one to the right of my panel it's as if there is a beginning and end which wraps around my card panel!  





Just when you think I might be done... here's that second stamping all drizzled with gold spray, a camouflaged sentiment cut from the panel and then lifted with two additional cuts stacked below for dimension ...


[this one I'll save for a rainy day!]

I cannot wait to be bedazzled by Karin's brilliance!  So, why not join me?

Karin, thank you so very much for Playing Cards with me today.  I know you have your hands full with work, your darling boy, and husband!  I consider it a great honor that you've shared some of your spare time with me! xx

=] Michele     

19 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Ok... you had me. I reached out to my best friend from high school! Haven't talked to her in years. Will have to put Sept 18 on my calendar. Love the watercolor technique... you will see it soon on my cards. This was a great Playing Cards with Friends!!

Unknown said...

WOW Michele - such a WONDERFUL card!!!! Love the delicate stamping but still amazingly colorful!!! Thanks for playing cards with me (-: Sending lots of love!!!!

Bonnie said...

I just got this stamp set and now I'm itching to get it out! What beautiful Fall leaves! The second print is a real bonus! I love the softer colors and the camouflaged peace! Two awesome cards, my friend! Not to see what Karin did....

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are really beautiful, Michele! LOVE your autumn color palette and what a great idea to use the camouflage technique on your 2nd card! You sure know how to inspire us ~ xx

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooohhhhh, these are pretty! That friend is not only lucky to be receiving this masterpiece from you, but she also gets one of your fabulous hugs!

Marcia Hill said...

You and Karin make up a great team Michele as you both have AWESOME cards to share today! I too love Dawn's water color technique and it worked SO beautifully with these leaves Michele...both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Hugs. :0)

Vikki H said...

Ah, great use of all that extra ink, Michele! I love leaf cards and bought the PFS leafy stencils last month. Thanks for the reminder to mist my stamps before stamping when using the DOs. It's a lovely effect.

Jeanne said...

Such gorgeous work, Michele. LOVE the colors! Karin does such beautiful watercolor, too. Those are some unique "day" themes! Thanks for sharing them, too. Wonderful PCWF post! Crafty hugs!

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful!! Love how you inked up those leaves!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, artful and so very special.

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Michele for sharing your beautiful Fall leaf watercolor stamped cards and your friend Karin's link to her sweet Baby card. Always fun playing with friends even from a distance:-) I do have that leaf stamp set and am inspired to do try the watercolor stamping technique. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

Two fabulous cards, love the soft inking and those splatters xx

Bobby said...

A two-fer is always a good thing, Michele, and especially when you get such beautiful color on each one. You and Dawn have a thing going and the results are wonderful.

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous 'watercoloury' technique Michele and of course another fabulous card! Thanks for sharing the how-to pics!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done Michele. Thanks for the tutorial. Off to see Karin's.

Linda Callahan said...

oh you make magic with hose daubers, inks and a spritz or two! Gorgeous fall cards!

TK said...

Well done! Gorgeous colors, gorgeous image for the technique, and the outcome is wonderful

Leslie Miller said...

Both are absolutely beautiful! It would surely be a shame to waste all that ink when you can make a second card -- different, but as gorgeous as the first. Such a pretty stamp.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love your wartercolor stamped leaves, Michele! They're lovely autumn colors. The gold splats are wonderful accents, and the wrapping around/hugging sentiment is so cute! The second generation stamping card is so artsy and I love it. The camouflage sentiment is awesome!
Hideko xx