Saturday, May 20, 2017

Fusion - Navy Patterns

Thank goodness for those reminders from Fusion!  I nearly forgot to post my card!  Here is their fabulous challenge: Navy Patterns ... I've used the photo and its gorgeous colors for my card.
In a former home, Tom and I actually created this very board-and-batten panel in our dining room ... I'm already hinting that I'd like it again ... in my craft room maybe?  We'll see if it comes to fruition.

Here is my card:

 
 
And because I wanted to practice cutting those battens:


Like the inside sentiment says:  ... that ship has sailed!! 

Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

=]  Michele

Supplies:  PTI Dark Indigo cardstock, Avery Elle birthday sentiment; SSS It's your day sentiment and tiny sailboat die; Mama Elephant Sketchy Letters and Window die; and MFT Jumbo Ric-Rac for the wave!

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awesome cards! That batten looks amazing. I'm sure you can make it so, Michele! The embossed sun looks so cool on the first card. And it looks like that window can swing open so you can catch the wonderful smell of the water, right? The zig zag added neat interest. The second card is just so very fun! Fabulous!

~amy~ said...

You're fabulous. Love these both!

lostinpaper said...

Nailed it, especially with those battens, total fun element Michele!

Karren said...

Oh these are perfect for the challenge, Michele! I'm so glad the reminder post worked for you - I have to remind myself to actually schedule the reminder post and occasionally I forget 😂

Lisa Elton said...

I have a feeling Tom will make that happen for his special girl!! I love your cards today. They say summer to me. The sentiment on the second is too much fun!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love both cards, Michele! So clean and crisp - perfect for the marine theme.
Hideko

Anonymous said...

Michele, these are so beautiful! Your eye for colour and texture and design is always so glorious - sigh...!! I am sure your special room will come to fruition. ;-) hope you're having a great weekend! Xxx

Nora Noll said...

Oh Michele!! these are amazing!! i LOVE both cards equally. The designs are RIGHT ON!! And if you could repeat those walls in your craft room? I want a PEEK!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two creative and fabulous cards, Michele! I LOVE the wavy pattern on the first one ~ I'm so impressed that you used your ric-rac die...WOW! LOVE the clean lines on your 2nd card, too ~ You can cut mean board-and-batten panel, my friend, and gorgeous cards while you're at it!!!

Bobby said...

The Queen of Die Cutting did it again. These are wonderful, Michele. I've never seen that jumbo rick rack before.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards! When I look at those board and batten walls all I can see is the dusting that I wouldn't do, and future sanding prior to painting. I'm too lazy to have such pretty walls as these. ;-)

Sharron said...

Absolutely awesome, both of them! The colors are wonderful, so crisp and clean. And that rick rack is such a great detail! Hope your walls become a reality, so cool!!

Cat Craig said...

Love them both, there is just something magical about navy.