Thursday, May 4, 2017

CAS[E] this Sketch #220

Wow!  220 Sketches in, and I'm still inspired by every single Sketch... every single week!  Leigh's this week is no exception!


It is my practice to print out all the month's Sketches ahead of time, and place them under my clear desk blotter, where I can be inspired by them.  I saw lots of blooms here in Leigh's Sketch, don't you?

I have a favorite bloom set from SSS called Artful Flowers, and recently watched the fabulous Nichol Spohr water color said blooms on YouTube - you can watch it, too, right here.  I'm struggling to learn the secret to Zig Clean Brush markers.  My friends, Chriss and Bobby, swear by Bristol paper - and it did help with the movement of ink - thanks ladies!

Here is my attempt at Nichol's technique, using a few different Zig colors, and an aqua painter:



I've added a few freckles of Microliner black to tie together the black sentiment strip.
My go-to W&W panel, and PPP sequins, too =] 
 
I'm thinking I have a LONG way to go, but thank you Nichol for removing the fear factor for me! 
 
How about following me over to see what my Sketchy-Sisters have to share at the CTS blog this week? 
 
Thanks for stopping by... I so appreciate your kindness! 
 
=]  Michele
 
 

17 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

I think you did a fabulous job with your water coloring! Beautiful card.

Michelle said...

Beautiful, lovely, amazing! Oh those zigs are so fabulous! Still struggling with coloring stuff, but need to master these pretty markers!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous blooms, Michele! I love how you blended your Zig markers and your choice of colors is fabulous! Love your 'Freckles' too! I think it's time for me to put this W&W panel on my wishlist...it's such a lovely way to frame your design! As always, you've done a beautiful job with the sketch!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your pretty watercolored blooms! Since I own them, too, I'll have to watch Nichol's video...

Cat Craig said...

I think you are there. These are just gorgeous. I might have to spring for the dies I am thinking.

Aileen said...

Beeutiful card love the colours of your blooms. Canson is also great with zigs and multimedia paper.

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! I just ran across that set in my NBUS stash--I'm inspired to do some Zig watercoloring on Bristol!

_michelleomurray said...

Beautiful card as always. I like the way your bold sentiment stands out and the blooms look great-this is you struggling?? 😁 I love my ziggy zig zigs and artful blooms, too.

Jeanne said...

Doesn't Nichol make it look so easy??! I'm becoming a faithful follower of her videos because she is so good at showing how to do this. Maybe it'll sink it by visual osmosis?? Seriously though, I don't see a struggle here. I see a gorgeous card full of beautifully watercolored posies! I adore this card! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Kate said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Your watercolouring looks amazing to me! Wow!

I'm quite taken with the scalloped mat you've used. Where is that from?

Linda Callahan said...

Soft and sweet.....now off to watch that video!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Michele! I love it!

Viv said...

Great card and water colouring too Michele, such pretty flowers too ;) Viv xx

Bobby said...

You did great with our flowers, Michele. Didn't you like Bristol better? It sure looks like it worked for you because your card is fantastic.

Karren said...

Love the look of the watercolored flowers on this beautiful card! Bristol paper really does help with moving the Zig inks around.

Lisa Elton said...

I need to get some of the Bristol paper I hear so much about! Your flowers are just as pretty as they can be!!

Anita in France said...

A bright and beautiful flower cluster, Michele ... seems to me your Zig colouring is perfect! Thanks for the tip about Bristol paper ... it's something I can get here!! Oh, and I have this set ... one of these days I shall CASE you (if that's ok!). Hugs, Anita :)