Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ellen Hutson May Pin-Sights Challenge

I have a very beautiful inspiration photo to share this morning from Ellen's May Pin-Sights Challenge so I'm getting right to it:

1f7b887173cd884f0fd10b2aadfddcee
 
Yes... swoon away!
 
I was in need of a special birthday card, for a very special little granddaughter who is 12 today ... she is as sweet as this photo, and a highlight in my life.   She has eyes this same beautiful blue... here is the bonus - she is also named for my mum, Lola, who would have adored her, too! 
 
Using a fair number of Essentials by Ellen sets, here is the card I've created for the challenge, and my darling Lola:
 
 
I know that yellow is not one of the lovely color swatches, but I did spot it in the posy!
 
I'll list all of the sets used, below ... it's for you to solve which element of my card comes from which set!  Do have a look at my 'stems/vase' which convey my birthday message!
 
Have a blessed Sunday, my friends!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 
Essentials by Ellen:
  Courage
Other players:
  Mama Elephant - Sweet Havana - for the tiny lilacs
  EK Tools - journaling pen .25mm
  Bazzill Pale Rose cardstock which I hesitate to share, as it seems to be my newest favorite pink - thanks, to Julie and Carly! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


21 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

So lovely and creative! You are the master of the EH stamps!

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful card for your granddaughter, Michele. At 12, she's too old for a 'kiddie' card, and ready for something more 'grown up,' like this one! Love those sentiment stems and the flowers and the soft colors you've used. This is so pretty! She's going to love it!! Bev

Hussena said...

This is so soft and pretty. Love the way you've combined so many stamps on this one. A very happy birthday to Lola! 💕

LauraJane:) said...

Yes, I'm swooning!! Brilliance in design and doodling:)) LOVED seeing how you used each element from all those sets to create this bundle of JOY!! I promise NOT to order TOO much of that Bazzill Pale Rose cardstock;)

lostinpaper said...

A very special and beautiful card for what sounds like one very special girl, I know she will adore it Michele!

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card!! This is so pretty!!

Nancy R. said...

A beautiful interpretation of the inspiration board, Michele. A lovely and creative card!

Lynn said...

Wow Michele. This is so dedicated and beautiful. I absolutely love it! I'm sure Lola will too!

Barb Ghig said...

There is no question about it...your darling Lola is going to LOVE this gorgeous card, Michele! I love how you created the 'stems/vase' to include your birthday message...so clever, and your blooms are so pretty! Beautiful take on the challenge, too!!!

Lisa Elton said...

The happiest of birthday wishes to your sweet Lola!! This is such a pretty card for her. I love those sweet little blooms with the sentiment stems. Absolutely delightful!

SmilynStef said...

Love your sentiment stems

Karren said...

Oh this is so very pretty! Soft and delicate and just gorgeous. Happy Birthday to Lola.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Michele! I absolutely love how you created the "stems/vase" to include the birthday message! So creative. Perfect take on the challenge. ♥

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a delicate beauty!

Linda Callahan said...

A delicate beauty to be sure!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Bobby said...

Lovely little bouquet, Michele. It's similar to one my youngest son gave me for Mother's Day except the largest flowers were daisies.

Jenni's Jems said...

A beautifully soft and delicate card for your granddaughter...Im sure she will love it!!x

Sharron said...

So delicate and pretty! This looks like a wonderful card for your sweet granddaughter!

Cat Craig said...

Stellar card for your granddaughter. I love this soft collage, just so pretty.

conil said...

Had to congratulate you on your Pin-Sight win at Ellen Hutson's. Have now idea how I missed this amazing take on the inspiration but, sadly, I did. So tickled to see it now because you really nailed it...fabulously. Love the sentiment stems on your flowers...pure genius.