Monday, May 20, 2024

The MOST colorful cards of the year 'round here!

That quick delivery from Alex Syberia Designs added a new floral layering die set to my stash.  I was channeling brightness today while it rained!

Meet ASD's Elegant Peony:


After cutting all the layers in white I proceeded to add lots of bright color 
using these inks:


You surely agree that such a gorgeous flower deserves a brightly inked background?  
This one was created by smooshing ink onto my glass mat, spritzing with water and picking up the ink with a scrap of acetate from packaging.  Then it's a matter of laying it down randomly onto TH watercolor paper.  After it dried, I ran it through my Empress with ASD's Mermaid's Melody cover die.

Now you had to know one was never going to be enough, right?  Let me start
with her closeup... this time cut from linen vellum and inked with Citrine with just a kiss of dragonfruit... it got a little 'mixed media' with ASD's Pureland Fan stencil
and some of that leftover ink.


Both of my sentiments are from another ASD set called Tulips Treasure -
you've certainly seen that one here before.


I had stamped an extra Heartfelt Bloom - no time like the present to color it
up in some 'moody' hues ...


My Spellbinders Four Petal Floral embossing folder got a workout with some curry cardstock from The Stamp Market.

THAT was a most colorful Monday I've had in a while!  What rain?  What clouds? Hope you like them!
=] Michele

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, look at you getting all colorful! Your new goodies look like fun and I love what you've done with them! Pretty cards, Michele! PS...I checked the link and it seems to be working, must have been a glitch?? XO

Vicki Dutcher said...

Bright, bright, bright! Love all of them, but that third one oh yes, please, 👏

Linda Callahan said...

Well you do color my world girl! These three are so glam! Gorgeous cards!

donna mikasa said...

Michele I'm totally blown away by all the COLOR here! The first card had me gasp on IG and the next two are just as gorgeous!! You MUST do a tutorial or at least a reel on how you created these....please??

Jeanne said...

Beautiful cards filled with glorious color! Thanks for sharing, Michele. You bring your own sunshine!

Marcia Hill said...

And you say you don't do brights?!!! Oh my goodness Michele, all 3 of these cards are a definite delight!! The die cut peonies are soooooo pretty and I'm loving your bold and bright water colored backgrounds on the first 2 cards! And the last card is absolutely GORGEOUS too! You sure made the most of a cloudy and rainy Monday my friend...LOVE them all! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Three joyful cards and we're the happier for it! Love the colors, especially on the first ones, you just know how to make a heart happy

Cat Craig said...

These are some gorgeously colorful cards.

Leslie Miller said...

It was a very colorful Monday and I'm loving it! Beautiful blooms and backgrounds. The moody hues of your last card are striking. Got to love that embossed background, too. What fun, Michele!

HilaryJane said...

I am loving your bright colours on all these cards. Refreshing and beautiful xx

Bobby said...

I don't know how you can get so many cards done in a day, Michele, especially laundry day. The colors are magnificent. That peony is what we used to make a card at CREATE at Alex's booth.

lostinpaper said...

I can't pick a fave, they are ALL glorious, and BTW I did have to pick my jaw up off the ground. YOU are an inspiration my friend x

baileyrosy.com said...

So whilst reading this post I took a break to try this technique which I had totally forgotten about and wow! loved the result, not as good as yours but it still was very effective. Stunning cards your colour choices are super and really bring to life those gorgeous blooms.

Marie

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, Michele! All three cards are bursting with gorgeous, bright colors. They definitely chased away the rainy day blues. ;-)
The peonies are stunning, and the backgrounds are amazing! I LOve how you incorporated the pierced and stenciled patterns with the smooshed backgrounds. The curry-colored embossed background (the 3rd card) makes the purple petals really pop!
Hideko xx