Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #91

Oh, I am so pleased you stopped by today!  If you are here to celebrate my 10th Blog-aversary, please scroll down one post!

May I introduce you all to the May 2024 edition of The Flower Challenge!  I think I may speak for all of us: coloring our flowers is the most fun of all!

Take note of the graphic... we're open for all coloring mediums!  For this month, I've used the same flower and have colored it two ways.  Today I offer you a water-colored version of this lovely Lucky Tulip from The Ton... I'm sorry to say they discontinued this one - I'm scratching my head over that decision!


I started by stamping the image onto Fabriano Hot press watercolor paper
with GinaK Amalgam ink.  I used various inks for water coloring - sadly, this is the one time I forgot to photograph my inks - my bad.

After the coloring was done and dried, I used the coordinating die to
cut it, then embossed the negative cut with my SU Tasteful Textile embossing folder.


A few artistic splats with the leftover ink from my palette, a sweet little 
Altenew label stamped with one of the sentiments from the set, and a few
pretty HoneyBee pearls and my card was complete.

Now you know by now you'll find plenty of inspiration from my teammates over at The Flower Challenge blog!  We can't wait to see how you will color your flowers this month!

=] Michele

18 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tulip Michele and your water coloring skills definitely show up on this lovely, lovely card! Love all the gorgeous texture in the background too...really sets the stage for that awesome Tulip! Beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

When you showed this to me, I thought it was a peony, Michele! Regardless of whether it's a tulip or a peony it's GORGEOUS! I love how you've colored it and the background gives it even more elegance! It's a shame they've retired it.

Leslie Miller said...

I do a lot of head scratching over here as things come and go so quickly. What's nice is that you can create as many of these gorgeous tulips as your heart desires! Your inky watercoloring is exquisite with these pretty colors and gentle shading. The Textile embossing is a nice touch. I'm with you... love to color my flowers!

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Michele! Your water coloring skills really shine with this stunning make.

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful soft look you have achieved with this one. Your tulip looks amazing and I love the textured background and tiny splatters xx

Lisa Elton said...

I would never have guessed that was a tulip! Nonetheless your water coloring looks great. Pretty card, Michele!

Cat Craig said...

This is gorgeous Michele. Love the watercolor and the texture its perfect for your design.

lostinpaper said...

Why discontinue this image... I'll never get it lol. You have made it shine my friend, such beautiful colouring!

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like a few splats to finish a card off perfectly! Lol....I just like to say splat....Your watercoloring is perfect on this gorgeous flower!

Jeanne said...

This is so very elegeant and beautiful. Lucky you to own it and be able to use it to your heart's content!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous. WOnderfully colored. Love the background. <3

TK said...

Absolutely STUNNING water coloring, Michele! Oy -- you're so good at this, I'm almost green with envy but no, I'm tickled pink - haha!

Diane said...

What a lovely tulip and card!! Beautiful on the watercolor paper! My tulips have all since bloomed, I sure do miss them and the daffodils but other blooms are popping up to make me just as happy!!

Virginia L. said...

How very lovely, indeed! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

That tulip is a beauty (and I agree it is such a shame when stamps come and go so quickly!) What a great idea to emboss the negative of your die cut and use it as the background and I'm loving the pearl placements too! Vicky x

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful, beautiful watercoloring, Michele! Love the colors, textue and splatter too! Congrats again on your blog 10th anniversary!

donna mikasa said...

Lovely coloring, lovely bloom! Even your background is stunning! I'm looking forward to joining you all at TFC!

Loll said...

So pretty! Your watercolouring is soft and delication and perfect with this beautiful flower. Seems like stamp manufacturer's discontinue stamps far too quickly these days. xx