Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Bokeh! with the Group of Seven!

No new supplies, and very little mojo?  Leave it to those fab gals at the Group of Seven to give my day the spark of inspiration I needed!  It's a BOKEH party!

I loved that the group shared Dawn's video - yes, I made one of her 'homemade' stencils years ago and was happy to get it out again today.  I might not have added as many bokeh dots as Dawn, but I did have fun topping them off using some of the Lindy's Magicals I FINALLY added to my stash - thanks for teasing me with those all these years, Loll!


I started with a panel of Evergreen card stock from SU - embossed it with
SSS Tall Pines EF, and then started creating the bokeh with SSS white pigment ink
that stayed tacky long enough for a little coat of Lindy's Lucky Shamrock powder.
The tiniest dots were created with the pounce of a pencil eraser, then circled with
the cap off of a mechanical pencil.

Here's a little attempt at catching that shine:


My favorite PTI Deer to Me seem right at home and HoneyBee brought the JOY.
And just LOOK at the mop-up from that playtime...
 

More on that soon!  For now, I'm sending this one to Rudolph Days!


Thanks for inspiring my day, GO7!
=] Michele

18 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele!! I love how you used the embossing folder for your background before adding the bokeh...looks amazing!! And you know I love those PTI deer too! Awesome card and can't wait to see what comes from the mop up!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful Magical bokeh background with the dark forest embossing! You know I love the deer, too. You do magical things with them! I'm blown away that you've gone through your new supplies with nothing more in the waiting line. I'm trying to get to that point. You'll be my inspiration.

Bonnie said...

This is the cleverest way to use bokeh dots, Michele! I love how you turned them into ornaments floating in the background and I always love seeing these deer!

Loll said...

Sweet! Love the magicals and have not used mine for a while ... now I need to pull them out! :) Fabulous bokeh background and love the sweet reindeer with Joy. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

donna mikasa said...

Bokeh-licious! I managed to snag those PTI deer but haven't played with them yet. And I can't wait to see what you do with those paper towels--I just know it'll blow our minds!

lostinpaper said...

Bring on the bokeh!! Love your colours and that 'deer' scene! AND I can't wait for the mop up cards.... I'm holding my breath

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you added the embossed texture to your bokeh background! Terrific card, Michele. Can't wait for the mop up makes!

LeAnne said...

Fun! Those reindeer look perfect among those bokeh-embellished trees, especially with the sparkle! I have NEVER done bokeh, but maybe I should give it a go!

TK said...

Bokeh and a textured background! Wow, Michele, you outdid yourself again... wish we could truly see that "magical" shine

Jeanne said...

Such a pretty card, Michele. Love the textured background. Yow have the greatest ways of taking it up a notch. Your bokeh is (are?) beautiful. You added some magic to it (them?) for sure!! Thanks for sharing, Michele.

Birgit said...

This is simply dreamy! Love your bokeh with the embossed background. This deer always bring JOY!

Pat said...

This is beautiful Michele and I love the colours and the added embossed pine trees are the icing on the cake, and all topped off with the sweet deer couple and a lovely die cut silver embossed sentiment. x

Bobby said...

Deer and trees and bokeh, oh my. So fabulous, Michele!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful take on the bokeh style, Michele. YOur card is fantastic.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful card, great idea adding colour to the bokeh circles :)
Thanks for trying out the technique with us at GOS

Helen said...

What a fabulous background and a great card.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Linda Callahan said...

Oh leave it to bokeh to set the perfect scene - beautifully done....

Julia Aston said...

I just love how you made your bokeh into ornaments Michele! So pretty with the embossed trees on the dark green base and those sweet die cut deer, I can see why they are your fav! thanks for sharing your Boker card with the GO7! Julia xx