Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Playing Cards at Marcia's - In a purple phase!

Hello, my friends!  Marcia and I had a wonderful day together last week ... crafting back-to-back, sharing our stash and lots of laughs!  Top that all off with a wonderful lunch - all combined we DO make a very good team in the culinary department, too! 

My little travel bag was packed with goodies for Marcia to use while I helped myself to a few of her fabulous stencil sets from The Ton ... I'd have them all, if I could afford them.  Marcia saves me so much money!  LOL  

I brought along my blending brushes and a few purple inks - must be I was in a purple mood?  The yellows and greens came from Marcia's stash of inks.

SO!  Are you ready to join me in my purple haze?  Here you go...


I had my way with The Ton's: Calming Cosmos adding a bit of Copic color when I got it home + Concord & 9th Friendly Florals die set + Subtle Texture embossing from SU.
In case you're wondering... here's the starting point:


So pretty - I don't know what I was thinking, but after the first stroke, there was
no turning back!


The Ton: Climbing Peonies + Altenew Organic Linen embossing + 
The Greetery: Opposites Attract + SU Butterfly die cuts: a gift from Marcia


The Ton: Precious Poppies + PTI: Into the Blooms Dahlia fern die
that I cut from black cardstock and glued onto a panel of black for my background...
here's a little closeup...


One more purple... this time Marcia had done all of the work by
having a whole bunch of these wonderful Botani-cuts: Lilacs from The Greetery all cut and ready for a little purple ink and a Crimped Circle from PFS!


Hey, it's [almost] perfect for Four Seasons Spring!


That sentiment says it all: YOU are a great friend, Marcia!
Thanks for another wonderful, crafty day!
[did Chris ever get a bite of that last piece of cheesecake? bwaahaha!]

Of course, you know you ALL were there in our hearts, right?  Right where you are always!

OH! before I go... Marcia and I share a love of MFT's Pure Innocence kids.  She reminded me we had not played with them in a long time.  Sadly, there are only a few of them left in the MFT store, but this little cutie is going to The Color Hues Challenge, and to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday and opening day at their pool tomorrow ... hope it warms up quickly!



Now let's go see what Marcia was making 'behind my back' shall we?  It
is always a treat!  and so are your visits!

=] Michele

21 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I love, love, love ALL your purple cards Michele...can't even pick a favorite!! Welllllllll...maybe the Lilac card?? I love them behind the dramatic black circle!! I really like how you added a bit more to your 1st card when you got home too...will have to remember that! And it looks like we were definitely on the same wavelength with our PI cards...too funny!! Even down to the backgrounds!! It definitely was a FUN day as always, and no, Chris didn't even get a sliver of that last piece of cheesecake...he wouldn't have appreciated it like I did! (he did devour those ribs though!!) Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Loving all that purple for sure, and I too love those PI images. So glad you two had a fun time.

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun that you and Marcia are able to get together! Both of you always make the most wonderful cards and your slew of purple cards are just fabulous!! You were able to get so much accomplished. I need some of your mojo as mine is MIA! Your Pure Innocence sweetie on the floatie in the pool is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like another fabulous day for the two of you! Love the results of your play date, Michele. Each card is as wonderful as the next, but the lilacs have my heart! Happy birthday wishes to your granddaughter, her card is adorable!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I just absolutely love all of it! I took time to enjoy every detail, including those die cut ferns in the black background. Love the look! The Precious Poppies are gorgeous. It's amazing what you did with the stenciled Calming Cosmos. From humble beginnings to WOW! The lilacs are outstanding in the black circle, and finally, the MFT sweetie is adorable! I also love hearing about your lunch. This is so like a day with one of my friends. We haven't been able to do that for a while, but hoping we'll get back to it soon.

JoAnn said...

What a fun day you had. Isn't it always fun to stamp and craft with friends. Love all your beautiful cards. The precious poppies card is my favorite though. TFS

Bobby said...

The color of the day worked beautifully for all of your stenciled cards, Michele. I bought the lilacs but have yet to use them. They are with me though so I plan a play date with them.
Your little raft floating girl is adorable. I hope that's me sooner than later.

Karen said...

It's a fabulous group of cards--love those purples, and especially The Ton's gorgeous poppies and those fabulous lilacs! We've had the switch thrown here going from spring to summer in a flash. That cutie on the float fits right in. I hope your granddaughter's weather has been equally summer-like! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Loll said...

Fabulous cards made with lots of fun and laughter at Marcia's place. What a great day you both had! xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, my! Your purple flowers are jaw dropping, my friend! Each one is so special! Love the Cosmos especially and that lilac looks fresh picked! I KNOW you and Marcia had lots of fun making cards together! I'm envious.

TK said...

What a LOAD of beautiful cards! Wow, all are fabulous and IMHO the copic accents did not detract! Yes, it was beautiful to begin with but it still is. I really love those poppies too - wow!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous work, Michele. Let me get my jaw back into alignment. I went to the Scrapbook Expo that was in Denver last weekend and The Ton was there. I ooohed and awwwwed over their stencils. I agree with you, wished I could afford to get some of them. It's good to have good friends who share! Thank YOU for sharing these beauties with us. Oooooh I think I have that little girlie stamp. One day I will get back into my crafty space, right?!!

HilaryJane said...

I am loving your purple phase. A superb collection of cards xx

Darlene said...

Oh my friend ... I'll say it again ... you are SO talented! LOVE all of these! I always learn something new when I come to your blog to visit!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you two had a little fun together... thse purple flowers are divine! ps I hope you recovered after the feast

JulieP said...

One of the perks of nearby crafty friends is in the sharing of products! Your cards are all amazing. Thanks so much for squeezing in one for our Color Hues challenge. We've been hitting record highs in the mid to high 90s here for weeks and I'm not happy about it. But I do hope your granddaughter gets to swim soon. Thanks so much for making my colors look so wonderful!

Linda Callahan said...

You an Marcia are the dynamic duo! You create beautifully together - and manage to create more than one card while chatting along! These are so pretty!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

baileyrosy.com said...

Another successful play date with Marcia and your purple haze is awe-inspiring!!! So many beautiful cards,textures and full to the brim with inspiration.

Mari

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards! Love your sweet PI card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!