Thursday, May 16, 2024

Oh, for the love of neutrals!

There has been a fair amount of color around this blog lately - it's time I got back to my love of neutrals ... hope you like them, too!

I find my inspiration in some of the darnedest places - this one comes from a grainy camera shot of a commercial for I-don't-know what!! 



Those are my favorite colors of all ... and here is how I brought them to my cards today using those wonderful Fresh Picked Anemones from Spellbinders!


A much-loved debossing plate, a simple frame, and love - what more could it need?
OH!  That gorgeous sage-y paper is an older 12x12" pad from Craft Smith at Michael's.


Color blocking anyone?  After debossing two A2 panels of cardstock with 
Altenew's Dotted Starburst die, I split them in two and put them back together
in a two-tone color blocked way.  

You MAY have noticed that I managed to insert a little grey into my card, too?  I'm sneaky that way!  Don't you love how those stems are intertwine-able?

I had a lovely day with Marcia yesterday!  We'll share soon, promise!
=] Michele

18 comments:

Ida said...

These are awesome cards. First I love the way you got your inspiration.
Both cards are very nice but I was drawn to the last one just a tad more. That is a great color scheme.

donna mikasa said...

Love the neutral palettes here! And those anemones are the perfect subject on both cards, especially against the SAGE!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well totally fabulous! That flower die is pretty awesome too. Well done :)

lostinpaper said...

Yes please, bring on those neutrals, these cards are glorious (even with that sneaky grey lol.)!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards in those fun neutrals and lovely blooms. Love the colors on both cards. TFS

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Michele...both of these cards in the neutrals are absolutely beautiful!! You know I love those Anemonie dies and they are just so darn pretty in every color combination, and especially with the neutrals! Even that sneaky bit of gray! And I'm loving the backgrounds too...especially the color blocked one! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You love your neutrals and you do them so very well! Two pretty cards, Michele. Those anemones are marvelous and I especially love the way you intertwined the stems on the first card!

Cat Craig said...

NO ONE does muted colors and subtle shades of green, gray, coral, etc like you and makes me LOVE the cards. Thats saying something as I am a BRIGHT color kinda gal. Stunning!

Birgit said...

Two beautiful cards in neutral tones. These are both stunning! I love knowing where your inspiration came from. You are a true color genius!

Jeanne said...

Well these show you do not need anything extra to cure depression! Really all one needs is to see your gorgeous cards! Love that you find inspiration literally anywhere. And those colors are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

JulieP said...

Showstoppers!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE these colors so, so much, and you have worked them beautifully! I love the intertwined stems and everything else about both cards.

TK said...

Oh My!!! Michele, these are fantastic, and the colors so relaxing and pretty all at once!

Oh...to be there with you and Marcia again...

Bonnie said...

The sage is so pretty and serene with these gorgeous flowers! And the color blocking with the debossing made my heart skip! I do love how these flower stems intertwine. Both are so serene and lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Marcia got up to.

Jeanne H said...

Yup, absolutely gorgeous cards. Love the colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I do love color, but your neutrals are absolutely sublime! These gentle hues are a soft as cashmere and you've used them creatively with the playful Cosmos. Love your inspiration piece, too. I look forward to hearing all about your day with Marcia!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful and elegant
x Karen

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my these flowers are so unique looking. Beautiful! Glad you had a great day with Marcia!