Thursday, June 6, 2024

Two minute, ten second tidy!

 Remember this?


Here's how I tidied up and created FOUR cards!


After rewetting, here is the first pressing with Spellbinders' Four Petal Floral onto A2 panel.
Then a second panel.  It was clear to me that the ink was quite fond of that baby wipe.


My solution:  glue the whole thing to a half-sheet of cardstock!


After leaving it to dry overnight, I cut it into two smaller panels with
less than an inch of that baby wipe left over!

Ready to see my cards?


This sentiment [The Stamp Market- Kindness Matters] was the perfect size for one 
of the SB Essential Four Petal labels.



Two sentiment dies from one set: Concord & 9th Just Saying Dies


I love that one less baby wipe is in the landfill! lol  Seriously though, we need to rethink throwing those inky wipes away!
=] Michele

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh so beautiful cards, Michele. The baby wipes I've used never ever looked so pretty(if you know what I mean)! I don't use them in my crafting as a general rule. These pretty colors make me wonder if I should start! Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely day.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Clever way of using a recycled item! Turned out to be a very pretty card also 😊

Marcia Hill said...

All four of these are absolutely beautiful Michele and I love, LOVE the colors you used!! And creative way of keeping those baby wipes out of the landfills!! Really love that embossing folder too...such a perfect one for adding the sentiment in the middle! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! That baby wipe made the prettiest cards! WOW!

HilaryJane said...

Clever idea and the end result looks amazing. Love them all. I just use a microfibre cloth and kitchen paper in my craft room. I am not good at using mop up ink though. Will try to change that xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards from your inky leftovers. :) Great work! xx

donna mikasa said...

Oh I was SO looking forward to this post and your cards and you didn't disappoint! All so beautiful, Michele! I'm tempted to get inky and do some "mopping" on purpose!

JoAnn said...

Wow, beautiful cards from that baby wipe. Definitely worth rethinking. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing these.

TK said...

Awesome! While the barely inked panels are pretty, those glued on wipes really took your cards up a few beautiful notches!

Birgit said...

waste not, want not. I'm not quite sure what that means exactly but you certainly didn't waste a thing making these fab cards! What a great idea to use that baby wipe!!

Bobby said...

I don't use baby wipes but I did do this with a paper towel mop up one time. The cards all turned fantastic, Michele. Nice to get four done at once.

Linda Callahan said...

I'm still not quite sure what happened to the baby wipe here but the end result us fabulous.....!