Sunday, June 23, 2024

Color Throwdown and Time Out!

Hello everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I had such a good time water coloring those Penny Black images for their Permission to Play series!  I did a bit of shopping and within three days I received their Little Guy set of stamps - Jill highlighted a little fisherman who was calling my name!

I used a few distress ink cubes to come up with this fun color scheme from Color Throwdown #798:


Summer says lots of fishing to me - bringing a picnic along would be
the cherry on the top!

Red. Blue. Green. and brown as a neutral.


Time Out has a photo inspiration for challenge #266 ... something tells me one might just find the lighthouse keeper's son heading to one of those little coves...




Now, did you notice that there are two new embossing folders making
their debut today?  I think their Triangle Pattern was the perfect match for the sails! It took a great amount of restraint not to color their Encircle like a setting sun behind my little fisherman above - one for another day and card!

We've had lots of rain this weekend which kept us out of the canoe and inside doing the other things we love to do.  Perfectly OKAY by me!
=] Michele

12 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet! Love both cards. And also how you flipped the design for the second. Great work Michele! xx

lostinpaper said...

FABulous watercolouring my friend, perfect for these sweet images and those new embossing folders... I really do need to see HOW you store and keep track of these lol.

Bonnie said...

How adorable, Michele! You have colored these little boys so well and paired them with the perfect embossed shapes. A rainy day sounds wonderful.

Lisa Elton said...

Oooohhh that little fisherman is just as sweet as he can be! His buddy is pretty cute too. I hope his sailboat doesn't scare the fish away! I'm with Therese, where and how do you store all of those fabulous EFs of yours??!!

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely ADORABLE Michele and beautifully water colored too! And I love your new embossing folders that debuted today too! We got about 3/4" of rain last night, but dry all day yesterday and today...we could use an all day soaking here as it's getting pretty dry! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Michele! You have a magical touch when it comes to watercoloring. These images look fantastic. Love the texture your new embossing folders add to the cards. Wow! Hope the sun comes out for you, but meantime, you used your indoor time fabulously!

TK said...

Both cards are adorable, and yes I DEFINITELY saw those two embossing folders! While they were making their debut, they didn't steal the show from your sweet boys, but instead they were a perfect compliment -- yes, I noticed the first as the rising sun!

Cat Craig said...

Those PB images just love watercoloring don't they? Fab and fun cards Michele.

Bobby said...

Love those little guys, Michele. Great job of watercoloring them both. Yay to new embossing folders that work so well with your images. Thanks for sharing the little sailor with us at Time Out.

Linda Callahan said...

Can't decide who is cuter the fisherman or the sailor.....adorable cards! (But if I haad to pick one it might be the fisherman because I can't see the fish...... :)

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, these are darling, Michele! They look so perfect with your watercoloring. I'm in love! The little fisherman guy is perfect for you. Yes, a picnic is a MUST!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both of these cards warm my heart. I love the little fisher guy with his boots and hat - I hope he has a tug on his line soon. I love the loose watercoloring and that embossing folder is a perfect representation of the sun. Glad you resisted the temptation to color it. It is perfect. The little guy with the sailboat is the sweetest. You are so right about the embossing folder mimicking the sails. Wonderful work on both of these, and I am so glad to see you in the Time Out gallery. This guy is a perfect fit!