Friday, June 7, 2024

Two florals for Friday!

I have two floral cards for you to round off my crafty week!  The first for Just us Girls #730 where they are having a color challenge!  There is something about aqua that my eyes struggle with.  I hope a little distress peacock feathers paired with picked raspberry will do Carol's lovely color choices justice... 


This gorgeous Wild Daisies image from Altenew is a gift from a friend - too beautiful to trim,
I left it large for a 5x7" card today!  Of course I had another little Spellbinders 
sentiment to add to it!


I used a sharp blade to cut around two of the leaves and popped them up
for a little subtle dimension.


Thanks so very much, Carol!!  I'm so very honored!



My second floral card is heading to Freshly Made Sketches - Amy, I was challenged by your Sketch!  But isn't that what makes it fun?  I hope it's okay - I had to flip it!


Let's start with that embossed panel - someone is bound to ask! lol
Spellbinders Stylized Calla Lily!
Followed by one Altenew Queen Anemone, a frame made with their
Rounded Rectangles Die set [the center is peeking out from behind].
A strip of C&9th Parsley card stock and a sentiment white heat-embossed from
MFT's Sweet Nothings - finished with a few PF Gems and my card is done!


And that's it for my week, folks - but don't worry, I have 10 cups of fun heading your way soon!
=] Michele

15 comments:

Carol said...

I don't "see" your visual problem wit aqua at all! Love these flowers and the shades you chose to color them with too. Love those popped up leaves a lot! Thanks for playing along with us this week at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice freebie your friend gave you made for a very pretty card and the colors. Thanks for joining in at JUGS great use of that sketch on the second card too.

Jeanne said...

To me, you have no issue with aqua! Your cards are gorgeous. That second one made my eyes lighten. Love the texture of the embossing folder. You are such a gifted cardmaker.

ElizStewart said...

Just beautiful Michele! As always... We appreciate your support at Just Us Girls... your beautiful cards are always such a joy!

TK said...

Two fabulous cards -- beautiful and uniquely made by YOU! So pretty

Leslie Miller said...

Aqua is one of my favorites and you used it beautifully here, Michele! Just the right shades of the two colors combined in these playful Wild Daisies. The warm colors of your second card are favorites, as well. You worked the sketch perfectly. Love the shaded panel and the embossed background. I do have that folder and should probably use it again. Soooo many things to choose from in my room!

HilaryJane said...

I understand what you mean about aqua. I find it a challenging colour too. Both cards are gorgeous but my favourite is the first one and I just spotted those wonderful splatters too xx

Bobby said...

You know I love florals and yours are fabulous, Michele. Cutting the leaves on the first one is such a great way to add dimension and one I never think to use. Thanks for sharing that card with us at Just Us Girls. I love the frame behind the anemone. Would you believe I forgot to bring any frame or rectangle dies with me.

Bonnie said...

I see your pink and aqua perfectly, Michele! I love the daisies in these colors! And you nailed that sketch with the pretty flower and embossed background!

Amy O said...

Your flowers are beautiful! And I love how you've turned the sketch and made it work for you. What a treat to see two of your cards in the gallery at FMS!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

THese are both gorgeous. That floral is so pretty and your coloring makes it shine. I love the detail of the popped up leaves. Such a little thing that makes a BIG difference. Love the sentiment too!

donna mikasa said...

CAS perfection! I'm especially smitten with the second one using the FMS sketch. Wonderful combination of elements!

Jen Timko said...

I think this is an example of challenge accepted on the sketch! I love how you used the frame element for the sketch. Gorgeous! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a wonderful set of floral cards, Michele! I love how you played with our sketch to come up with such a beautiful design. Thanks a lot for joining in this week's FMS party.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two floral beauties, Michele - love the big daisies in pink/aqua & your take on the FMS sketch looks amazing too!!