Monday, June 24, 2024

Permission to Play #2

 While I was still painting for the first in the Penny Black Permission to Play series, #2 dropped HERE!  SO much more fun than laundry!

Once again, Jill is using a basic sketch - you'll find that in the video, too.  As much as I love their oval die, I've used what I had on hand - in fact all three of the 'shapes' were found in their respective packaging... bonus! 

Here are my cards - guess who went with a Christmas theme today. 


I'm sending this one over to the gals at Peace on Earth #66 - the colors in the bottom left photo were definitely on my radar:


These darling kids can both be found in PB's Cozy Cuteness set from 2019.

PB Triangles EF- WF Oval Nesting dies and Dashed Snowflake plate - Altenew Bells and Bows

Then I turned the sketch around and plunked these PB Arctic Friends in the middle!

EH Oyster grey cardstock - Spellbinders' Ski Lodge embossing folder - PFS Braided Oval

All three of the sentiments were ready for me in my stash - from The Greetery: Tearstrip Tags! 

Hope you're able to get some crafty time between loads today, too!
=] Michele

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

Three adorable Christmas cards, Michele! I love how you've taken the sketch and turned it on its side for one!

LeAnne said...

All three of them are adorable! I have never watched any of her PB videos, it was a fun one! I love the watercoloring as well ALL your amazing embossing folders....each and every one is fabulous!

Loll said...

Three fabulous cards using Jill's sketch, Michele. Those little kids are so darn cut ... as so is the polar bear! xx

lostinpaper said...

ALL so beautiful Michele, love Jill's inspiration, she is a STAR, just like you my friend x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just so fun! Well done 😊

Cat Craig said...

Michele, these are awesome. The texture from the embossing folder just rounds them out so nicely. YOu have a great eye for design.

TK said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -- love all three of these sweeter than sweet cards! Precious images, great layout and your wonderful painting adds so much!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, a true trio of delight. The kiddos are adorable and you've painted them wonderfully. Your addition of the embossing folders adds lovely texture. Wonderful cards!

Marcia Hill said...

Three cards for the Christmas stash (YAY!!!) and absolutely ADORABLE to boot!! These PB images are so darn CUTE and totally making me smile Michele! And the backgrounds on all 3 are AWESOME too! Love, love, LOVE these!! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

Very sweet! All three cards are adorable!!!

Bobby said...

Those kids are so cute, Michele, and I don't know if I've ever seen them before. The soft colors and embossing all made such a great couple of cards. What a great idea to turn the oval to find room for the wonderful polar bear and friend.

HilaryJane said...

What a gorgeous trio of Christmas cards. there's another embossing folder for my wishlist! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my these cool cats are just what I needed on a hot day! Winter cards are my fave and these are adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

As cute as those kids are, it's that sweet polar bear and his little friend that gave me a grin! Adorable cards, Michele!

Leslie Miller said...

You know I'm a PB fan, still coloring up some new and new/old not yet used stamps. Your coloring is as sweet at the images. I especially love the polar bear and his penguin buddy. So cute!

Diane said...

ALL are so adorably CUTE!! Darling images that you have showcased so beautifully!! PS: You should be getting some 'mail' today or tomorrow depending on how fast our postal system is :>)
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

donna mikasa said...

Apparently, you DON'T need permission to play, and boy, would I like to be your playmate ;) Totally in love with card #3 and how you turned the oval to landscape format with that adorable bear and friends.