Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - August 2023

I have such a sweet card maker to share with you all today - Cindy Chiu, who blogs and shares her beautiful cards at Escape to Stamping is a new friend but one I look forward to getting to know better and better!  It's quite obvious by the wonderful photos she shares in her posts that we have a few things 'outside' of our craft rooms in common - take a peek at this post and you'll see what I mean. 

Once again, I turned to National Today for a fun assignment.  August happens to be National Happiness Happens Month - who knew??  It was easy to set the parameters for the two of us:

Make a card that makes YOU happy!
Use a favorite product, stamp, die, or technique you love!
Deliver that card to someone who brings happiness into your life -
hand delivered or mailed!

Okay, since there are SO many things about card making that make/keep me happy it was very hard to narrow it down to one.  But I think you all know by now that those Altenew Craft-a-Flower layering die sets really get a lot of attention around here... a new one arrived just in time!  Meet Saffron - or more appropriately the Saffron Crocus Sativus:


Of course, they should be a little more purple, but our play time is
about what makes us happy - pink and orange always 'does it' for me!
What else?  That wonderful debossing plate from Wplus9!


I love the attention to detail Altenew gives these die sets - I feel
like I could pluck those stigmas and make bouillabaisse - a la Ina Garten of course!


Okay, Cindy!  I'm on my way and can't wait to see what makes YOU happy today!  I'm also very happy that you accepted my invitation to Play Cards - thank you, so very much!

Thank YOU, friends, for stopping by - you can't imagine the joy that your visits bring to me!  I know Cindy would love it if you stopped by at her blog, too!

=] Michele

19 comments:

Dawn T said...

Hi Michele. What a stunningly beautiful card. I came via Cindy's card and just love what you've done.

Cindy C. said...

Michele I love your card!! Love that debossing plate, and the color palette you chose really is such a 'happy' combination, and the Saffron Crocus blooms are stunning!! I so appreciate this opportunity to 'play cards' with you, thank you my friend! And I so look forward to holding your bright and happy card in my hands. I was away for a couple of days, I'd bet it is patiently waiting for me in the community mail box!!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This has definitely made ME happy Michele...it's STUNNING!! I've never even heard of a Saffron Crocus before, but it sure is beautiful and looks fabulous against your debossed background! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous blooms, Michele. Off to see Cindy's.

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeousness overload my friend! And what's not to love about that colour combination too lol.

Bonnie said...

WoW! Such gorgeous flowers and they look so pretty on that background! The details on these flowers are fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

I've never heard of this flower, but your paper version is out of this world! Love your "happy" color choices and the wonderful background. Marvelous card, Michele!

TK said...

Perfectly beautiful, and definitely a way to make anybody happy!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous work, Michele. Love the color palette and that is a lovely flower. Have the happiest of days!

Bobby said...

Another new Altenew flower? You must have a very large collection by now, Michele. I know I do although I haven't ordered recently. This one is so lovely with your happy colors and the background really makes it pop.

Jeanne H said...

What a wonderful card. Thanks for the enabling. :-)

HilaryJane said...

So pretty and I love that background xx

donna mikasa said...

SO gorgeous, right down to the color combo! Off to see Cindy's creation!

Leslie Miller said...

You have to know how much I love this, Michele! Gorgeous die cut layered flowers with a background that sets them off to perfection. Delicate color on those blooms. It's easy to see why saffron is so expensive, isn't it? Thank you for introducing us to Cindy! I enjoyed my visit there. Happy Happiness Happens Month!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That is one gorgeous layerd flower creation, Michele. The colors are gorgeous, and you did an amazing job piecing it. I must say, I hadno idea what a saffron plant looked like. Your card made me google and not I totally get why saffron is o expensive. And what a beautiful plant it is!

Karren said...

This background is the perfect backdrop for that gorgeous saffron flower. Just stunning!

Linda Callahan said...

Hello Saffron Crocus Sativus! Pleased to meet you - you gorgeous thing! Fabulous card!Now off to meet Cindy!

Brenda said...

Well wasn't this a fun challenge for you ladies?! Who knew that August is National Happiness Happens Month?! Now we know and I love it! Your card is gorgeous Michele! Yes, flowers, birds, nature, laying stencils and inks make you happy. This flower and stencils set is just gorgeous and you have brought it to life like you always do with your magic! Love your color combination too. Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

These Saffron flowers are stunning, Michele! The light pink petals look so pretty against the debossed orange background. The splats add an organic feel to the crad. The details of the flowers are wonderful!
Hideko xx