Friday, August 4, 2023

ASD August 2023 Inspiration Challenge

Imagine my delight when this arrived in my inbox:


Another reason to play with all those wonderful Alex Syberia Design products??  YES, please!  

For their August 2023 Inspiration Challenge premier, ASD is asking for a shaker card - I have SO many shaker bits in my stash it's fun to put them to use.  You might remember THIS card - I had all those darling images from the Underwater Wonders set all colored up and ready to play!  I used all the colors from their beautiful prompt.  I cut a circle and blended inks to indicate a sunset, and an ocean.  Here's a closeup so you can see that the circle was then debossed with the ASD Mermaid's Melody cover plate:




A sweet duo of sentiments from ASD Sunkissed Memories and a sunny-snippet, finished my card, and it has already been tucked into an envelope!

Thanks, Alex for creating a challenge - you know how much I love to PLAY CARDS - and I may go in for a double-dip!
=] Michele

16 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a brilliant shaker card, lovely image and amazing sky. those seed beads make perfect bubbles in the sea. Great job xx

Jeanne said...

Michele, you are so good at cardmaking! This is pure delight, just like the other card you referenced. Colorful, fun and so many wonderful details that just bring it to life. Plus your sense of fun and humor. Wonderful work!

Cat Craig said...

such a fun card Michele...I especially love the sun on the outside of the shaker and your beautiful colors inside.

Karren said...

So adorable and such a great use of the colours!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love your sea and sky, those adorable sea creatures, and who doesn't love a shaker???

Bonnie said...

Even more fun with these sea creatures, Michele! I LOVE that you used all these colors and made a bright, fun, shaker card!

Leslie Miller said...

Tee hee! I love the way you can always give me grins and giggles with these funny ASD characters! So much fun and beautifully crafted, Michele!

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a vibrant fun card so beautifully coloured your sea creatures and are so cute. Love those bubbles they looks so realistic.

Marie

Bobby said...

Perfect little shaker with those leftover, Michele. So cute and colorful.

Marcia Hill said...

So much to love about this FUN little shaker Michele! Those images are so delightful, and your background just couldn't be any more colorful and perfect to swim around in! Definitely can't wait to see 2nd helpings!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

How stinkin' cute is this! I like the wavy background inside your shaker. Oodles of fun!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so fun and cute, Michele! Love the rainbow-color sunset and ocean! Great use of the challenge colors. The shaker elements look like perfect bubbles in the ocean!
Hideko xx

TK said...

Incredible fun, bright and cheery -- this'll do miracles for anyone needing a pick-me-up!

Kim S said...

Just the sweetest!! I love all of the little details like the beautifully blended background with the wavy lines!

Brenda said...

Wow, what a fun shaker card Michele! I love the scene you created, love that background blending and debossing and oh boy do I ever love those shaker bits! LOL This will definitely brighten someone's day, so stinking cute!!! Hugs, Brenda

Linda Callahan said...

Why am I hearing Sebastian singing Under the Sea when I read this post?!?! Maybe because of that adorable sea scene!