Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - August 2023

 

It's August and time for another Altenew Inspiration Challenge!  Let's get up close and personal with that photo Mindy shared, shall we?  

I'm quite sure these are silk, and maybe a few felt flowers - 
what a gorgeous 'forever' bouquet, right?

I took my lead from Mindy's colors and decided my Altenew Hello Beautiful set needed to play today!  So, I stamped them in CP Bellini ink, and colored with a variety of Copics that are a pretty good match...


Then I was drawn to the color of the washed wood in the background of Mindy's photo and found a paper in my stash to replicate it.  Before debossing it, I did a little stenciling with the coordinating stencils in the set using these inks:


Now before you tell me how clever I was to leave one corner open for my sentiment - it was a total mishap in the partial-die-cutting process!  I didn't push my luck with the other corner as you can see!  BUT I did give it a bit of texture using the Altenew Dotted Starburst Debossing Cover die before adding it to my card base.


A few PF jewels and my card was complete.  I hope they like it!  and you do, too!  

I'm also sending this one over to the Double D gals since I used the coordinating stencil, it fits their Altenew Collaboration challenge!  and since I had all those Copics out, I colored another for the Simply Clean & Simple August challenge, too!  Flowers GROW outside and I love tending to them!


If you made it all the way to the end, you're a trooper!  I appreciate you!
=] Michele


16 comments:

lostinpaper said...

So so pretty Michele! Love the way you have added the background leaves, so clever and FUN!

Cat Craig said...

nice showcase of the colors and the CAS style.

Darlene said...

Both cards are just BEAUTIFUL Michele! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Simply Clean & Simple challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Bonnie said...

Not one, but two beautiful cards using these colors, Michele! Love the textured background on the first and the label holding the flowers on the second! Great coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, my friend! Love the way you used the colors, especially on the second card!

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely color palette! You did an outstanding job on your cards. Wow!

Diane said...

Both cards are beautifully created and we appreciate your support at our challenges, your designs are always so fabulous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple and Double D.
Diane SCAS and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
{Triple B}

Barbara said...

Fantastic choice of colors for this challenge. I love the look and the design. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge too.

Bobby said...

The flowers really pop with the Bellini outline, Michele. I love the first one on the wood colored embossed background. The other one is beautifully CAS.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, a double dose of pretty and it's so nice to see it today! Beautiful colors and stamps, and the debossed background on the first adds so much to the design. I love the texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D, Michele!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the colors you used and hooray for happy accidents! Perfect spot for a sentiment!

TK said...

Gorgeous flowers and cards, Michele! Only you can make a mishap look this fabulous

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are fantastic, Michele! Love your beautiful coloring and ingenuity (the white space made for the sentiment for the first card, the use of the sentiment and its shadow dies for the second).
HIdeko xx
p.s. In our place, weeds, not flowers!, grow outside!! ;-P

Brenda said...

First off, I love that inspiration bouquet-gorgeous colors and I love the rustic wood planks those gorgeous blooms are sitting on. Secondly, your card is gorgeous too Michele! The colors, the flower, the background-all work beautifully! Whether clever or a mishap, the open spot for the sentiment is perfect! I totally adore the second card as well Michele, it is so soft, CAS and love is the right fit! Hugs, Brenda

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both cards make fabulous use of the inspiration colors. I always love when you use those large lable dies in your designs. Such a great place for those flowers to sit!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautifully done Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT