Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Curtain Call: June - Succulent

Sorry to be so late in the game, Curtain Call!  I just got my hot little hands on a new stamp, and I just HAD to get it inky - and guess what?  This color-fearing girl got her Copics on!  I also learned something today ... since I love grey so much, I now know that color over grey makes all of them more pleasing to my eye!

Here is the fabulous June Curtain Call inspiration:


Now remember my Copic collection is growing [at about the rate that succulents do] and my skills are really limited, too.  I had these available, and put them to work the best I know how:


 Add a few neutral greys for shading, and voila!

MFT's scalloped edge die helps put those pretty Waffle Flower succulents in the spotlight.
Succulents, and sentiment, stamped in Memento London Fog onto MFT Grout Grey cardstock.
 
Thank you for sharing two little bits of your day with me ... I really do appreciate it!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
 

13 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful succulent card! Love your coloring and fabulous CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Curtain Call!

Barb Ghig said...

I think you did an amazing job with your Copic markers, Michele! I love how you colored these pretty succulents and your details are just perfect! LOVE how you staged your photo with your Copics, too...
London Fog on Grout Gray? Hmmm...I must try that :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love the scalloped edge and the pretty coloring on the succulents! You did a marvelous job Michele, high five!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card Michele, yes colour over grey is beautiful!!

lostinpaper said...

Love me a succulent and you have made this fabulous set shine Michele... I'm thinking I 'need' it (wink)!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love it when you bring out something new to play with, the succulents are fab!

Bobby said...

I always thought succulents had a grayish cast to them so of course stamping them on gray and coloring them so spectacularly gave them the perfect look, Michele.

Leigh Penner said...

Your Copic collection is bigger than mine, Michele... I don't own any! I think your colouring skills are great as your card looks fantastic! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous border and fabulously coloured images. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Sharron said...

You may have a minimal Copic collection but your coloring makes a huge impact! Wonderful layout too! The scalloped panel and wonderful sentiment are so lovely.

Nora Noll said...

Minimal copic coloring? Get out of here!! This looks FABULOUS!! Love the succulents and your amazing use of that scalloped die. BEAUTIFUL design!!

Lynn said...

You weren't late! This is absolutely perfect. Your coloring is amazing! Love this Michele!

thanks so much for playing with us at Curtain Call!

Melody said...

Beautiful coloring!