Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Altenew June 2017 Inspiration Challenge and more

I'm having such a wonderful time rediscovering Altenew's Bamboo Roses ... thought they should be pink today!  Here's the reason why:  Altenew June 2017 Inspiration Challenge:

June 2017 Inspiration Challenge – White On White Focal Point

All that creamy white deliciousness had me digging for a gorgeous leftover water color paper from my son's college art class days.  It was HUGE so I cut down the last of it into workable pieces.


If you look at that gorgeous inspiration photo again, you'll spot a few really wonderful thistle... I'm dying for Altenew to create a Thistle set ... who agrees?  I've added just a touch of that gorgeous grey-blue to my leaves in honor of them.

I'll be sending this one over to The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes, and to Shopping our Stash who are asking for pink!

Thanks for stopping by today - always makes me smile...
=]  Michele

23 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is stunning! Jo x

lostinpaper said...

stunning!

shirley-bee said...

You're absolutely rocking this set!

Barb Ghig said...

Shirley is right, MIchelle...Beautiful coloring on the Bamboo Roses and leaves and I LOVE your background on this card! Very clever to add the fab window, too!
By the way ~ I also love how you staged this photo with twine...very clever ;)

LeAnne said...

Holy smokes, this is amazing! I want to see you watercolor some time! Those leaves are amazing...such a beautiful color combo too! I have some Altenew stamps but I am too intimidated to try something like this! GORGEOUS!

Lisa Elton said...

There is a lot of gorgeousness happening on this card!! Love that you used your son's paper, so sweet!

CherylQuilts said...

Michele, I just saw this on Pinterest and had to hop over and tell you I love this card! It's so beautiful, and I love the design and how you were inspired! Stunning! Hugs!

SugarGem said...

This is so pretty 😍

SugarGem said...

This is so pretty 😍

TaeEun said...

So soft and beautiful! Thistle isn't my favorite flower, but it'll be a great addition to a floral collection :)!

Karren said...

Wow, just gorgeous, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Michele, this is gorgeous. Loved the flowers in blue, but they also look beyond amazing in pinks! And those leaves....be still my heart what fabulous colors for the leaves. The watercolor paper looks amazing and such a fabulous sentiment. This card is awesome! :)

Mimi said...

Oooh... drooling over your watercoloring-- the leaves are gorgeous! What a sweet card and encouraging sentiment. Thanks for joining at SOS this week!

Cat Craig said...

You are rocking all three challenges Michele. Love this look of this one so very much. You've pull all the best from each of the inspirations and made them a beautifully blended card.

Bobby said...

You make those flowers look so good, Michele. Why did I ever stamp them in black?

Nora Noll said...

Wowza!! Love the background as much as I adore the flowers. STUNNING design!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...such pretty colour and great layout.
Thanks for playing along with The Flower Challenge and hope you join us again.
xx Karen

Tracey McNeely said...

Your Bamboo Roses are just beautiful Michele! So glad you found some wc paper!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love! Beautiful!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous!!!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, very nice design, thanks for joining Shopping Our Stash for Think Pink.

Sharron said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the texture from the watercoloured paper. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge. Cara DT x