Thursday, June 22, 2017

A House is not a Home - CASology Week 254


Luther Vandross was singing in my head today, so I tuned him in on YouTube and created a card.
Here is a link to hear another favorite version 
 
Here is where I'll be playing cards ...
 

 
 
 
Reverse Confetti Chevron dies provided the 'roof' and another RC for the heart;
PTI papers - sentiment in my own words with a Microfine EK journaling pen.
 
Hope you like it!  Thanks for dropping by...
 
=]  Michele
 
A House is not a Home
Lyrics:
 
A chair is still a chair, even when there's no one sitting there.
But a chair is not a house, and a house is not a home
When there's no one there you can kiss goodnight.
 
A room is still a room, even when there's nothing there but gloom.
But a room is not a house and a house is not a home when the two of us
are far apart
and one of us has a broken heart
 
Now and then I call your name
and, suddenly, your face appears.
But it's just a crazy game
when it ends, it ends in tears.
 
I'm not meant to live alone
Turn this house into a home
When I climb the stairs and turn the key...
Oh, please, be there, still in love with me.
 
written by Burt Bacharach
 

So very honored by this win!  Thank you Melissa!!
 
 
 

21 comments:

lostinpaper said...

What a cute idea, I would struggle with my handwriting as no-one would be able to read it lol.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a cute idea!! This is as charming as charming can be. Love it Michele!

Karren said...

So clever and so sweet! Loving the wee heart with the sentiment wrapped around it.

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Michele. The house looks terrific and I really like the heart with the sentiment. You are so very talented. :) Hugs!

Pam Sparks said...

Love it! Fab design and love all your wonderful details!

ElizStewart said...

OMG... you are so creative! The card is amazing.
And I do love Burt Bacharach... I think my favorite song of his is I say a Little Prayer...

Barb Ghig said...

You clever girl!!! I am completely smitten with this original card, Michele! The beautiful subtle pattern on the roof and inside the heart are really lovely, and your handwritten sentiment is just perfect in every way! Thanks for adding the Burt Bacharach lyrics to this sweet song :)

Nora Noll said...

This is so cool!!! I LOVE the whole design!!

Cat Craig said...

Darling cards, fabulous design!

Jasleen Kaur said...

What an intelligently designed card ! Love it.
Beautiful song there. :)

Sharron said...

Love the simplicity of your sweet design! This is so adorable!

Joyce said...

Stunning design. I love how your actual card is shaped like a house. So very creative. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Unknown said...

Hey, beautiful lady! This is inspired! Masterstroke with the shaped card, and creating your own sentiments now?? LOVE it!! What poignant lyrics! I am going to look up the song and listen to it. Burt very rarely puts a foot wrong, so I expect I'll enjoy it. ;-) So lovely to see you at CASology, Michele! xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Amazing design, Michele!!! I love everything about this sweet card. It is always a treat to see your cards in the CASology gallery!

Jeanne H said...

Love your card, Michele. Very creative.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Oh my goodness! This is so clever! I simply love the whole design! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Michelle, this is one fantastic design! The shape of the card alone grabbed my attention, but the touch of pattern and the single die cut heart is just perfect!
Thank you for joining us again over at CASology! :)

Jen W. said...

CAS perfection, Miss Michele. I love it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

conil said...

Nana nana na-na....I knew this was a winner the minute I saw. Just wanted to say I told you so and CONGRATULATIONS on your CASology win.

Marge said...

Big congratulations Michele! This is really a great card ♡

Bobby said...

I don't know how I missed this, Michele but I told you I was way behind. So cute and clever. No wonder it was a winner.